Musharraf asks America to give unconditional aid to PakApril 20th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr. 20 (ANI): Former Pakistan President General (r) Pervez Musharraf has said that the United States should not attach any preconditions to its anti-terror aid to Pakistan.
The Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying that the armed forces and the Pakistan Government should jointly devise a strategy to fight terrorists in the country.
Speaking on the Swat peace deal with the Taliban, he said the deal would be good for the country only if it brought peace and justice, but it could not be supported if it infringed the sovereignty of the state.
Interacting with press before leaving for Saudi Arabia, Musharraf urged the nation, especially the media, to focus on the current challenges facing the country.
He said he was going to Saudi Arabia on a special invitation by the Saudi king, Shah Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz.
On the controversial Lal Masjid Operation, Musharraf rejected the claims that children and women were among the 94 people killed in the 2007 Lal Masjid operation in Islamabad. (ANI)
- Pakistan PM leaves for Saudi Arabia - Jul 15, 2012
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to enhance cooperation - Aug 10, 2011
- Ties renewed during Saudi Arabia visit: Gilani - Aug 11, 2011
- Musharraf says no woman or child was killed in Lal Masjid operation - Apr 20, 2009
- Saudi rulers looking for 'another Musharraf' in place of 'rotten head' Zardari as Pak ruler - Dec 02, 2010
- 'Benazir killed for backing Lal Masjid operation' - Feb 12, 2012
- Saudi offer to hike crude exports to India - Feb 14, 2012
- Pakistan in danger,says Musharraf - Apr 19, 2009
- Taliban avenging Lal Masjid assault: cleric - May 04, 2009
- China, Saudi Arabia vow to enhance ties - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan backs Saudi stance on Gulf, Middle East: Gilani - Mar 27, 2011
- Saudi prince's funeral services held in Mecca (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Salman Khurshid arrives for Saudi Arabian prince's funeral - Jun 17, 2012
- Saudi envoy calls on PM, reiterates cooperation with India - Mar 29, 2011
- China, Saudi Arabia pledge to promote exchanges - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: abdullah bin abdul aziz, armed forces, challenges, invitation, islamabad, lal masjid operation, pakistan government, peace and justice, peace deal, pervez musharraf, preconditions, president general, saudi arabia, saudi king, sovereignty, swat, taliban, terror, terrorists, unconditional aid