Musharraf asked to answer ‘32 questions’ over Benazir murder caseNovember 23rd, 2010 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Nov 23 (ANI): The investigation into former prime minister Benazir Bhutto’s assassination has been extended to former president Pervez Musharraf, and a questionnaire carrying 32 questions has been sent to him in this regard, a TV channel reported on Monday.
According to sources, the decision was made under the court orders after the Federal Intelligence Agency (FIA) submitted the case challan to a Rawalpindi-based anti-terrorism court, which ordered to include the former dictator in the probe, the Daily Times reported.
The charge sheet filed by the FIA in the court held the banned group Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) responsible for the attack on December 27, 2007.
Sources said that the questions were related to the security provided to the assassinated Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader, according to the channel.
The investigation team has reportedly asked Musharraf what steps he had taken to address the issue of serious threats to Benazir’s life, regarding which she had written to him before her return to Pakistan.
Musharraf was also asked about the evidence, which the then brigadier claimed to have collected, and on whose grounds he later addressed a conference holding Baitullah Mehsud responsible for the incident, the channel reported. (ANI)
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf accused of 'providing direct assistance' to Benazir's killers: Sources - Feb 19, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf charged with providing Baitullah with 'opportunity to murder Benazir' - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf included in Benazir murder investigation - Nov 23, 2010
- FIA holds 'Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan' responsible for Benazir's murder - Oct 26, 2010
- PPP probe report confirms Musharraf, Elahi not involved in Benazir's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Musharraf's supporters in global protests against arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 18, 2011
- Top ISI official faces grilling over providing content for BB murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- Taliban killed Benazir Bhutto: Probe - Oct 26, 2010
- Taliban responsible for Benazir's killing, says probe (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: benazir bhutto, brigadier, challan, federal intelligence, former dictator, former president, former prime minister, intelligence agency, investigation team, murder case, pakistan, pervez musharraf, ppp, president pervez musharraf, questionnaire, regard, taliban, terrorism, tv channel