Murder attempt on Shumaila’s uncle for refusing to patch-up with DavisFebruary 24th, 2011 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
Faisalabad, Feb 24(ANI): A relative of Shumaila Kanwal, who had committed suicide after the murder of her husband Fahim by US official Raymond Davis, is battling for his life after three armed men forcibly fed him poisonous pills.
The three men gave poison to Shumaila’s uncle Muhammad Sarwar on Wednesday night after barging into his house in Rasool Nagar, following which he was rushed to Allied Hospital in a critical condition, where doctors have been trying to save his life.
The gunmen forced their entry into the house after breaking the windowpane of one of the rooms, The Nation quoted Sarwar’s brother, as saying.
Sarwar came out when they broke the glass, and then the trio started beating him up, he added.
The other family members, including women and children, who tried to rescue Sarwar were also taken hostage at gunpoint and beaten up. The three outlaws then forced poisonous pills down Sarwar’s throat.
“One of the pills was thrown out by Sarwar while he was forced to swallow the others,” the family members said.
They revealed that the gunmen were demanding a patch-up with Davis, but when “all the family refused, they started torturing us”.
Sarwar’s brother Muhammad Afzal said that when the people of the area gathered on the spot after hearing the screams of the family, the three armed men opened aerial fire and managed to escape. The police reached half an hour after the incident, and the people protested against the their late arrival.
Sarwar was admitted to the hospital in a critical condition, and doctors said that his condition was getting better but “it could not be said about his life as in such cases patients gain senses and sometimes they go back in coma and die”.
It is noteworthy that the other day, Sarwar had said that two armed foreigners had tortured and threatened to kill him and all his family members. The foreigners also threatened to bomb the entire village if “we didn’t cooperate to get Raymond Davis released,” Sarwar had alleged. (ANI)
- Wife of Pak man shot by American diplomat in Lahore commits suicide - Feb 07, 2011
- US official firing case: Victim's widow commits suicide (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- US official firing case: Widow of victim attempts suicide - Feb 06, 2011
- US regrets widow's suicide but insists Pak frees murder-accused diplomat - Feb 08, 2011
- Raymond Davis released by Pakistani court (Third Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Raymond Davis' family reaches Pakistan - Feb 26, 2011
- Pak Islamist parties manipulating public events to suit desired outcomes: Writer - Mar 12, 2011
- Davis's release challenged in Pakistan court - Mar 17, 2011
- Pakistani court frees Davis (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Davis' release challenged in Lahore High Court - Mar 17, 2011
- Brother of Raymond Davis' victim denies striking 'blood money' deal under pressure - Apr 02, 2011
- Pak doctor claims Raymond Davis was chasing him in Lahore - Feb 21, 2011
- Davis case: Foreign ministry seeks more time from court - Feb 17, 2011
- ISI-CIA deal clinched Davis release, US denies paying blood money (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Pakistan court indicts Davis for double murder (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: aerial fire, armed men, critical condition, fahim, faisalabad, foreigners, gunmen, gunpoint, half an hour, kanwal, late arrival, muhammad afzal, muhammad sarwar, murder attempt, outlaws, raymond davis, screams, shumaila, three men, windowpane