Mumbai terror suspects’ judicial remand extended for another 14 daysApril 1st, 2009 - 3:28 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Apr.1 (ANI): The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC- II) has extended the physical remand of Shahid Jamil Riaz , one of the suspect in the Mumbai attack, by another 14 days.
The court headed by Justice Sakhi Muhammad Kahoot, while hearing the case in the Adiala Jail campus also extended the judicial remand of four other suspects by similar number of days.
During the hearing, Special Public Prosecutor (SPP) and a Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) official informed the court that Riaz was an active member of the banned terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and accused him of facilitating the 26/11 attack.
The FIA official said that it was imperative for them to have the suspects under custody for recovering explosives and equipment, used in the attacks.
The court has asked the FIA to produce all five suspects before it on April 14, The Daily Times reported.
Similarly, the ATC has extended the judicial remand of Laskhkar operation’s chief Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi along with Hammad Amin Sadiq, Abdul Wajid and Mazhar Iqbal. (ANI)
- Pak court extends remand of Mumbai terror suspects - Apr 15, 2009
- In camera trial of Lakhvi, Zarar Shah begins at Pakistans Adiala jail - Mar 04, 2009
- 26/11 probe: Pakistan rejects India's request to quiz Lakhvi - Mar 13, 2011
- Mumbai terrorist attacks accused seek open trial - May 23, 2010
- Mumbai attack suspect confesses providing logistical support to attackers - Apr 16, 2009
- Pak court refuses acquittal of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks' accused - Jan 07, 2010
- Lahore High Court directs ATC to frame charges against Mumbai attack accused - Oct 28, 2009
- FIA gets two days remand of Mumbai attack suspects - Mar 18, 2009
- Pak extends police remand of three Mumbai suspects by two days - Mar 18, 2009
- Pakistan's FIA makes another 26/11 arrest - Aug 06, 2009
- ATC extends judicial remand of Mumbai attack suspect by six more days - Apr 23, 2009
- Lahore High Court postpones judgment on Lakhvi trial transfer case - Jan 22, 2010
- Pak anti-terrorism court issues notices in 26/11 case - May 09, 2010
- Pak court 'refuses to declare Kasab proclaimed offender' in Mumbai terror attacks - Feb 25, 2011
- Pak anti-terrorism court adjourns 26/11 trial again - Oct 31, 2009
Tags: active member, amin, april 14, atc, explosives, federal investigation, fia, investigation agency, jamil, judicial remand, kahoot, lashkar e taiba, mazhar iqbal, physical remand, public prosecutor, rehman, sadiq, sakhi, spp, wajid