Mumbai attackers linked to Pakistan soil: USJanuary 6th, 2009 - 12:20 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.6 (ANI): The probe of the November, 2008 Mumbai attacks has given clear indications that the perpetrators of the attack had links with Pakistan. Reaffirming the Indian stand, US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Richard Boucher said that : It is clear the attacks have links to Pakistan or lead to Pakistani soil
As India handed over the details of the probe to Pakistan, Washington urged Islamabad to act on the proof provided.
Let us find from the evidence who was involved in these attacks, the Daily Times quoted Boucher as saying.
He added that the United States wanted the investigation to progress on the basis of information shared by the two countries.
The Indian dossier provided to Pakistan on January ,5 contains the confession of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist held during Mumbai terror attacks, records of GPS and satellite phones used by the attackers and transcript of conversations between the attackers and their alleged handlers in Pakistan.
The dossier also contains the Indian demand for the handing over of Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi and Zarar Shah, who are blamed by New Delhi for masterminding and facilitating the Mumbai attacks.
Boucher however, rejected that India and Pakistan were preparing for war.
The situation at the Indo-Pak borders is calm, he added.
Boucher urged both the countries to restrain from taking such steps which can aggravate the issue. (ANI)
- India welcomes Pakistan judicial commission's visit - Nov 05, 2011
- Mumbai attack: Indian envoy meets Pakistani minister - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan waits for Indian response over judicial panel - Nov 20, 2011
- India keen to send panel to Pak to question 26/11 suspects - Dec 23, 2010
- Pakistani commission to visit India in 26/11 case (lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- 26/11 attack: Pakistani judicial panel to visit India - Jan 20, 2012
- Pak refuses to change its tune, says dossier provided by India insufficient proof - Jan 06, 2009
- Pakistan 'examining' evidence, but indicates it is 'insufficient' (Lead, changing dateline) - Jan 06, 2009
- Court accepts 26/11 charges against Headley, 8 Pakistanis (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- India likely to give Kasab judgment copy to Pakistan - May 05, 2010
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- 26/11: Pak judicial panel to begin India visit Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- Home ministry gives nod to charges against Headley (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Enough 26/11 evidence shared with Pakistan: India - Jul 18, 2012
- Not 10, but 12 terrorists trained for Mumbai attack: Jindal - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: amir, asian affairs, assistant secretary, attackers, borders, central asian, confession, conversations, gps, india and pakistan, indo, New Delhi, perpetrators, proof, richard boucher, satellite phones, secretary of state, soil, terror attacks, terrorist