Mullah Omar taunts US, BritainAugust 18th, 2012 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) Taliban leader Mullah Omar, one of the world’s most wanted terrorists, has spoken out against the US and Britain by saying the “invading enemy” will “come under crushing blows” and flee Afghanistan.
Mullah Omar has been on the run for more than a decade and has even been reported dead, The Sun reported.
The 53-year-old one-eyed terrorist was the staunchest supporters of slain Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden. He has a prize of more than 6.5 million pounds ($10 million) on his head.
According to the Telegraph, the Taliban leader’s statement to mark Eid ul-Fitr said militants had “cleverly infiltrated in the ranks of the enemy according to the plan given to them last year”.
“Many conscious Afghans in the rank and file of the enemy have shown willingness to help the Mujahideen,” he said.
“As a result, the foreign invaders and their allies in their military centres and bases do come under crushing blows of these heroic soldiers,” Omar said.
- Mullah Omar urges Taliban not to hurt civilians - Nov 05, 2011
- Iranian supreme leader pardons over 1,200 prisoners - Aug 29, 2011
- Tomorrow is Eid ul-Fitr - Aug 30, 2011
- Mullah Omar dead? Taliban says no (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Taliban denies Mullah Omar is dead (Night Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Mullah Omar dead? Taliban denies it (Fourth Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Mullah Omar dead? No, says Taliban (Third Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Taliban close to victory, says Mullah Omar (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Road accidents claim about 130 lives in Indonesian - Sep 09, 2010
- Mullah Omar talking peace with US - Jan 06, 2012
- Pakistan Army, Afghan Taliban reject report about Mullah Omar's surgery in Karachi - Jan 20, 2011
- UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29 - Aug 23, 2011
- UAE charity to pay for deportation of 200 inmates - Sep 06, 2010
- Mullah Omar has not been arrested: Taliban - Jul 06, 2010
- Karzai prays for welfare of Afghans - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: 10 million, 5 million, afghans, al qaeda, allies, britain london, crushing blows, eid, eid ul fitr, heroic soldiers, mujahideen, mullah omar, osama bin laden, rank and file, taliban, taliban leader, taunts, telegraph, wanted terrorists, willingness