MQM’s former lawmaker among five shot dead in Karachi during last 24 hoursApril 30th, 2011 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, April 30(ANI): At least five people, including a former lawmaker, were killed in suspected incidents of targeted killings during the past 24 hours in Karachi.
Police said Shaikh Liaquat Ali, a former MPA and member of the legal aid committee of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), was fired at when he was travelling in his car on the Abul Hassan Ispahani Road.
He suffered two gunshot wounds in his chest and died before he could be rushed to the hospital, the Dawn reports.
Separately, three bodies were found in Karachi’s Pak Colony area. The bodies bore torture marks and the victims had been shot dead.
Moreover, an imam of a mosque was gunned down by unknown assailants in the city’s Garden area early Saturday. (ANI)
- Shutter-down strike in Sindh against MQM leader's killing - May 01, 2011
- 12 killed in Karachi shooting spree - Nov 10, 2010
- Seven more gunned down in Karachi, taking death toll to 92 - Aug 06, 2010
- Strike paralyses life in Karachi - Aug 23, 2011
- MQM minister escapes assassination bid in Sindh - Mar 07, 2011
- Karachi is calm after violence (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Case registered in Pakistani activist's murder - Mar 28, 2012
- Australian diplomat meets Pakistani leaders - Jun 12, 2011
- Journalist among 14 killed in Pakistan violence (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- 30 killed in Karachi after MQM lawmaker's killing (Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- 10 killed in Karachi violence after leader's death (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Karachi on fire as death toll reaches 82 - Aug 05, 2010
- MQM to boycott Zardari's address to parliament - Mar 16, 2012
- Pakistani scribes demand clarification over killing - Aug 30, 2011
- Police detain 20 suspects as Karachi death toll rises to 27 - Jan 15, 2011