MQM rejects sharia-deal with TalibanApril 20th, 2009 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Apr. 20 (ANI): Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has rejected the sharia-deal between the Pakistan Government’s and the Taliban.
The Daily Times quoted Hussain, as saying that the Taliban’s Sharia law was based on violence, and urged people to unite against the menace of Talibansation.
Hussain also condemned a statement by Pak-Taliban chief Sufi Muhammad, that high courts and the Supreme Court are un-Islamic.
Addressing an ulema convention in Karachi by telephone from London, he said the MQM was not against sharia, but against the “sharia of the Taliban”.
He claimed the enforcement of the peace-deal was just the beginning of the Talibanisation of the country, adding innocent people were being punished on false accusations.
He said the time had come to choose between the Taliban and Pakistan. (ANI)
- Pak-Taliban chief says sharia-opposing politicians no longer Muslims - Apr 18, 2009
- MQM for `referendum' after Osama killing (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Pak people must make united effort to weed out terrorism from country: Altaf Hussain - Jan 18, 2011
- Evidence found regarding Shahbaz Bhatti's assassination - Mar 04, 2011
- Altaf asks Pak PM to rid Karachi's business community of extortion mafia - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistan's MQM chief hospitalised in London - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Generals' have become burden on Pakistan's population: Altaf Hussain - Feb 01, 2011
- 'International powers are active to eliminate me,' says MQM chief Altaf Hussain - Sep 27, 2010
- Zardari orders Sindh CM to address all reservations shown by MQM - Dec 29, 2010
- Deploy army in Karachi, demands MQM chief - Aug 04, 2011
- 'French Revolution' knocking at the door of Pak to hang corrupt politicians: MQM chief - Sep 03, 2010
- Only MQM can bring Pakistan out of financial crisis, corruption: Altaf Hussain - Feb 19, 2011
- Altaf Hussain claims MQM enemies who killed Farooq now baying for his blood - Sep 25, 2010
- MQM to continue supporting 'French Revolution' in Pak: Altaf Hussain - Oct 11, 2010
- Abbottabad attack: MQM launches `referendum' across Pakistan - May 12, 2011