MQM criticises US court order against Pak intelligence personnelDecember 26th, 2010 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
Bhitshah, Dec 26 (ANI): Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has strongly reacted to a US Court order seeking appearance of top Pakistani intelligence personnel to testify in a compensation suit connected with the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
Last week, a US court had issued summons to the chief of Pakistan’s main spy agency, the Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), and some top members of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) for appearing before the court next month in connection with the 2008 Mumbai terror siege.
“Pakistan is a sovereign state and if any conspiracy is hatched to malign the ocuntry’s defenders, then US interests will be equally harmed,” the Daily Times quoted Altaf, as saying in his telephonic address from London to a public meeting at Bhitshah, Pakistan.
The MQM Chief urged the Pakistan Government to take the nation and parliament into confidence on the issue.
As a counter measure, a Pakistani court could be asked to issue similar orders in the Aafia Siddiqui case, and even demand her repatriation, Altaf suggested.
DG ISI Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha, his predecessor Lt Gen (r) Nadeem Taj, Major Ali and Major Iqbal are among the Pakistani officials who have been summoned, while LeT chief Hafiz Saeed and his operational commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi are also in the summons list.
The orders are part of a case filed by an injured US citizen and the heirs of four others who were killed in the terror strike on Nov 26, 2008. (ANI)
- Pakistan to defend ISI officials in Mumbai attacks lawsuit filed in US court - Dec 31, 2010
- US court summons ISI chiefs, LeT leaders in 2008 Mumbai terror attack case - Dec 23, 2010
- Lahore HC seeks Pak Defence Ministry's reply regarding Hafiz Saeed petition - Mar 30, 2011
- JuD head Hafiz Saeed wants Pak Govt to defend him in US court in Mumbai attack case - Jan 13, 2011
- Pakistan unlikely to defend Hafiz Saeed in 26/11 US lawsuit - Jan 14, 2011
- India, Israel behind US court summons against ISI chiefs, JuD leaders, claims Makki - Jan 19, 2011
- US court summons ISI chief in Mumbai terror case - Nov 24, 2010
- Pakistan to contest US court notices to ISI officials - Dec 31, 2010
- Dragging ISI into Mumbai attack preposterous: Pak FO - Nov 26, 2010
- India may implead in US court to establish ISI's terror link - May 29, 2011
- ISI chief won't appear in US court over Mumbai attack: Gilani (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Don't drag ISI into 26/11 trial, says Pakistan - Nov 25, 2010
- India to seek extradition of 26/11 accused from US, Pakistan - Jan 30, 2012
- Pakistan Army, ISI infected with cancer: MQM - May 28, 2011
- Hafiz Saeed seeks Pakistan government aid in Mumbai case - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: aafia siddiqui, altaf hussain, hafiz, heirs, inter services, iqbal, isi, lashkar e taiba, muttahida qaumi movement, nadeem, operational commander, pakistan government, pakistani officials, pasha, repatriation, saeed, shuja, sovereign state, spy agency, summons