MQM chief boasts of creating party’s stronghold in PunjabApril 11th, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr 11 (ANI): Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) Chief Altaf Hussain has said that no one can prevent his party from creating a stronghold in Punjab.
While addressing a public meeting of the MQM titled ‘Istehkam-e-Pakistan Jalsa’, the Daily Times quoted Hussain as urging global powers to look at the strength of his public meeting in Punjab and see that the people of Pakistan supported him.
As many as 10,000 people from across the country attended the meeting, which was organised by the MQM to display its strength in Punjab after a struggle spanning over almost five years.
Altaf assured the inhabitants of Punjab that if his party came to power, it would change the political, social and economic culture of the country.
He also announced that his party would bring a revolution of young, educated people in the country and amend the constitution in favour of the labour class, women and minorities who are deprived of their basic rights.
“We will provide equal rights to women and minorities vis a vis other citizens of the country,” he said.
“After coming to power, my government will constitute an independent accountability commission to eliminate corruption from the society,” he added.
The MQM Chief also stressed that his party would solve the issue of Kashmir based on their wishes if it succeeds in forming a government there. (ANI)
- MQM to contest elections in Pakistani Kashmir - Jun 07, 2011
- Only MQM can bring Pakistan out of financial crisis, corruption: Altaf Hussain - Feb 19, 2011
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- 'I won't mind returning with 'military uniform on' to make Pakistan sovereign': Altaf - Jan 25, 2011
- Gilani, Sharif denounce MQM chief for "incomprehensible" martial rule remarks - Aug 24, 2010
- Pakistan's MQM chief hospitalised in London - Aug 29, 2011
- MQM chief calls for closure of seminaries promoting extremism, sectarian violence - Jul 04, 2010
- MQM chief Altaf Hussain's call for martial rule exposed party's 'fascist' face: WSC - Aug 25, 2010
- Pak intel blames 'Hitler-clone' MQM and its "Indian connection" for Karachi terror - Sep 29, 2010
- Evidence found regarding Shahbaz Bhatti's assassination - Mar 04, 2011
- US brushes aside MQM chief's call for martial law in Pak - Aug 27, 2010
- Pak's existence can be in danger if political dynasties don't come to end: MQM - Jan 02, 2011
- Political dynasties have to come to an end, says Altaf Hussain - Jan 02, 2011
- MQM set to rejoin PPP-led Pak coalition govt - Jan 07, 2011
- Reports about Altaf Hussain being ill 'baseless', 'unfounded': MQM - Apr 09, 2010
Tags: accountability commission, altaf hussain, citizens, class women, constitution, corruption, economic culture, favour, global powers, inhabitants, islamabad, kashmir, labour, mqm, muttahida quami movement, pakistan, stronghold, struggle, women and minorities