Most Pakistan players unwilling to shun ICL: FarhatApril 3rd, 2009 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.3 (ANI): Former Pakistan left-hand opening batsman Imran Farhat has that all Pakistani players attached to the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL) are planning to quit the league.
Farhat also clarified that neither he nor any other Pak ICL player has given any assurance in writing to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) that they would terminate the league’s contract.
“I think there is some misunderstanding. I have given no undertaking to the board that I will cancel my ICL contract if they select me for Pakistan,” The Daily Times quoted Farhat, as saying.
He also negated the widely circulated notion that the ICL is facing severe financial problems, and would be wound-up.
“It is also wrong to say that the ICL is being wound up and that they have already cancelled our contracts that are why some of the players now are offering to play for Pakistan again,” Farhat added.
Another batsman opening batsman Hasan Raza, however, said that he would rethink his ICL plans if given an opportunity in the national squad.
“The ICL contract never prevented us from playing for our country even during the league if we were required for national duty,” Raza said.
The controversy about the ICL terminating the contracts of Pakistan players started when Mohammad Yousuf expressed his desire to play for the national team, saying he was ready to terminate his contract with the league if called for national duty. (ANI)
- PCB should allow all ICL players to play for country again: Moin Khan - Jun 13, 2009
- Imran Farhat discontinues his ICL contract - Sep 04, 2009
- Shunning ICL Abdul Razzaq expresses desire to play for national team once again - Mar 30, 2009
- Imran Farhat hopes to reclaim Pak team - Jun 14, 2009
- Pakistan pick new faces for Zimbabwe tour - Jul 28, 2011
- PCB to decide on rebel ICL players after ICC's prescribed 'cooling period' - Apr 20, 2009
- Farhat to quit ICL for place in national team - Aug 14, 2009
- PCB declares Yousuf, Razzaq eligible for selection in national team - May 30, 2009
- ICL may sue Yousuf for terminating contract - Mar 27, 2009
- PCB asks Rana Naved to submit fresh copy of ICL's NOC - Jun 04, 2009
- PCB recalls Younus to Test and T20 squads, overlooks Malik, Akmal, Yousuf - Dec 01, 2010
- PCB undecided on Yousuf's selection in national squad - Mar 28, 2009
- PCB-ICL rebels' stalemate continues - Apr 10, 2009
- Pak cricketers apprehensively sign PCB central contracts - Apr 09, 2010
- PCB to decide on ICL players' punishment on a case-to-case basis - May 01, 2009