Mortar shell kills 11 in PakistanNovember 1st, 2008 - 6:47 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 1 (Xinhua) At least 11 people were killed when a mortar shell landed near a check post in northwestern Pakistan’s Swat valley Saturday, state television reported. Reports said an unspecified number of people were injured in the blast at Wanai village in the troubled valley.
Pakistan’s security forces have intensified military operations in the mountainous valley since late July.
Swat valley was once a tourist spot dubbed the “Switzerland of Pakistan” but has now turned into a stronghold of pro-Taliban militants.
- Army kills seven militants in Pakistan - Nov 18, 2008
- 16 killed in two Pakistan attacks - Nov 13, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Suicide bombing kills 10, injures 20 in Pakistan (Lead) - Nov 14, 2009
- Four killed, 44 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 15, 2010
- Bomb blast kills five in Pakistan - Dec 13, 2008
- Pakistan Army kills 10 militants in Swat Valley - Oct 31, 2008
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Taliban blows up two more primary schools in FATA - Jul 06, 2010
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan - Dec 10, 2010
- Pakistani court frees pro-Taliban cleric's sons - Aug 26, 2009
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- Anti-Taliban militia in northwest Pak ends cooperation with government - Mar 11, 2011
- 25 killed in blast near militant base in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Feb 18, 2010
- Pakistani troops kill 4 militants in Swat - Dec 06, 2009