More Indians head to NepalMay 3rd, 2012 - 3:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, May 3 (IANS) Nepal has witnessed a sustained tourist inflow with visitor arrivals in April rising by 23.1 percent year on year, according to official figures released Thursday. Arrivals from India went up by nearly 45 percent.
Visitor arrivals by air totaled 207,961 in April, up by 23.1 percent from a year earlier, according to the Immigration Office at Tribhuvan International Airport, the only international airport in the country.
Arrivals from the South Asian region have shown a positive growth of 35.4 percent with mixed performance, Xinhua reported.
Arrivals from India and Pakistan went up by 44.5 percent and 14.8 percent, respectively, whereas arrivals from Bangladesh and Sri Lanka dropped by 12.9 percent and 41.2 percent, respectively, according to the Nepal Tourism Board.
Arrivals from the other parts of Asia - except the South Asian region - saw a rise of 16.7 percent. Except for Thailand that had a drop of 14.7 percent, almost all the markets have shown a positive trend with China up by 42.9 percent, Malaysia up by 16.8 percent, Singapore up by 5.7 percent and Japan up by 13.1 percent as compared to the same month last year.
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Fresh trail links Karachi to fake Indian money in Nepal - Aug 12, 2011
- Nepal kicks off tourism campaign with Richard Gere tips - Oct 07, 2010
- Peaceful Sri Lanka records increase in tourists - Apr 18, 2012
- Sensex down 226.09 points as metals, capital goods stocks tumble - Jul 23, 2012
- Big Australian dollars to lure Indian tourists - Apr 19, 2012
- Nepal group takes up missing Naga leader's cause - Oct 03, 2010
- Sensex tanks 132 points, metal, realty stocks down (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Sensex rebounds after government defers GAAR (Roundup) - May 07, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- South Korea's trade balance turns into black - Mar 01, 2012
- China's September trade surplus drops - Oct 13, 2011
- South Korea's trade surplus rebounds to $4.29 bn - Nov 01, 2011
- Sensex down 55 points as August derivatives end (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Spain's poverty rates up - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: asia, bangladesh, china, immigration office, india and pakistan, indians, japan, kathmandu, nepal tourism board, singapore, south asian region, sri lanka, Thailand, tourist inflow, tribhuvan international airport, visitor arrivals, xinhua