MNS threatens TV channels featuring PakistanisAugust 30th, 2012 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 30 (IANS) The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has warned TV channels Colors and Sahara to stop airing the programme “Sur-Kshetra” that features Pakistani vocalists or face “consequences”.
“We are against (TV) channels who invite Pakistani singers. It is their tactic to create controversies and hence gather more TRPs,” said Amey Khopkar, president of Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena, a group affiliated to MNS.
“We have written to Colors and Sahara not to air the show. Otherwise we will disrupt their shoot schedules,” he added.
Khopkar said he has also written to Asha Bhonsle, who is among those who will participate in the programme alongside Abida Parveen and Runa Laila.
“I have requested her not to be a part of the show as a diva like her is looked upon by many, and hence she should not be sharing stage with Pakistani vocalists,” Khopkar said.
“When Pakistan is inflicting injuries on us, why should we entertain Pakistani artistes?” Khopkar asked.
- MNS threatens to disrupt shooting of 'Sur-Kshetra' (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Raj Thackeray 'permits' airing of show featuring Pakistani artists - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Sur-kshetra' to simulcast on Colors, Sahara One - Jul 05, 2012
- MNS wing threatens stir against multiplexes - Aug 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Music to bridge India-Pakistan divide - Sep 05, 2012
- Pass or fail - the motto of 'Sur Kshetra' - Aug 31, 2012
- New Indo-Pak music show shoot shifted to Dubai - Jan 23, 2012
- Filmmakers, TVs warned against hiring Mariah - Jul 04, 2011
- Pak Presence In 'Chhote Ustaad' Irks MNS - Jul 29, 2010
- I'm unambitious, says actress Ayesha Takia - Sep 08, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani singers to battle it out on 'Sur-kshetra' - Dec 21, 2011
- India-Pakistan rivalry gets new battleground - reality TV - Jan 25, 2012
- Asha Bhosle to judge 'Sur-kshetra' - Jan 18, 2012
- Citing Pakistani presence, Shiv Sena, MNS threaten 'Bigg Boss' - Oct 04, 2010