Militants torch fleet of NATO supply tankers in PeshawarNovember 20th, 2010 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Nov 20 (ANI): Unidentified armed militants launched an attack on a workshop in Peshawar, torching a number of NATO supply tankers parked there.
Rescue sources revealed that a bomb- weighing 2.5 kilogram- was also found from the crime site, which has been defused, Geo News reported.
According to sources, the workshop is located at a Ring Road leading to the Pak-Afghan Torkhum Border, where armed militants attacked, and subsequently set the NATO supply tankers on fire.
Police, which arrived on the scene shortly after the incident, said that the militants succeeded in fleeing from the spot.
According to the police, at least six militants launched the strike, while eyewitnesses claimed that as many as 24 assailants carried out the attack, and also tortured the security guard outside the workshop.
While at least ten oil tankers have been completely burnt in the attack, fire fighters have come along the fire tenders, and are trying hard to tame raging blazes.
This is the third attack on the NATO supply line in this area. (ANI)
- 2 NATO tankers destroyed by militants in Pakistan - Dec 20, 2010
- 20 NATO tankers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 15, 2011
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- 10 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan, 4 killed - Feb 25, 2011
- 16 NATO oil tankers destroyed in Pakistan - Aug 07, 2011
- Four NATO trucks torched in Quetta - Jul 16, 2010
- 27 more NATO oil tankers destroyed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- NATO fuel tankers torched in Pakistan - Mar 17, 2011
- One killed in NATO oil tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 01, 2011
- Another militant attack on NATO tankers in Balochistan - Oct 09, 2010
- NATO oil tanker blown up in Pakistan - Apr 19, 2010
- Militants behead owner, watchmen of NATO convoy parking lot in Khyber Agency - Apr 02, 2011
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- 29 NATO Tankers Destroyed In Terrorist Attack - Oct 09, 2010
- NATO oil tankers attacked in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011