Militants kill six securitymen in PakistanDecember 1st, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by IANS
Bannu (Pakistan), Dec 1 (IANS) Six security personnel have been killed and 12 injured in separate attacks by militants in northwest Pakistan, Online news agency reported Monday.A security force officer was killed Sunday in a rocket attack by militants on a check post in Bannu district of North West Frontier Province (NWFP). The check post was destroyed.
The militants Sunday also attacked a combined patrol of police and army in which two officials were killed and four injured.
In a third attack in the same district, militants opened fire from their speeding car when security personnel intercepted the vehicle killing three soldiers and injuring eight others.
Bannu is an important road junction and market place of the NWFP.
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- Three soldiers, four militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jun 19, 2011
- 28 militants, eight soldiers killed in Pakistan clashes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Pakistan - Sep 30, 2011
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- One killed in rocket attack on Pakistani check post - Dec 14, 2011
- Four police officers killed as militants target police vehicle, security checkpoint in Pak - Jan 13, 2011
- Four policemen killed, six injured in suicide attack on check post in NWFP - Apr 28, 2010
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- 10 soldiers, 40 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jan 31, 2012
- Militants ambush Pakistani troops, killing 9 soldiers - Oct 18, 2011
- 4 security men killed in Pakistan rocket attack - Nov 05, 2011