Mehdi Hassan to be discharged from hospital soon, family unable to pay medical billsMarch 22nd, 2009 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Mar.22 (ANI): Legendry ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan may soon be discharged from the hospital, but would require a 24 hour nursing care at home too.
While Pakistan Government has shown concern over the health of the sick Shahenshah-e-Ghazal Mehdi Hassain with President Asif Ali Zardari and the Chief Minister of Sindh providing one million rupees and 250,000 rupees respectively for the treatment, his family members said they are finding it hard to pay the medical bills, Dawn reports.
My family, which has exhausted even its rainy day securities, is now badly failing to foot the treatment bills, Hassans son Arif Hassan said.
Doctors attending Hassan said that he has been suffering from disorientation for a long time now, and is often unable to recognise even his family members. He was admitted to the Aga Khan University Hospital here last month after complains of weakness, fever and chronic lungs infection.
We have diagnosed him with sepsis (generalised infection) and treated him dedicatedly, and are optimistic that though he remains weak, he will be returning to his home in two days or so, Hassans consultant neurologist Dr. Aziz Sonawala said.
Overall he is showing good signs, but he will need 24-hour nursing care at home, Dr. Sonawala added. Hassan had suffered a paralytic stroke in the past due to which he lost his physical mobility. (ANI)
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness - Feb 08, 2011
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan hospitalised in Karachi - Feb 13, 2009
- Ailing Pak ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan in hospital - Oct 30, 2008
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt visits Mehdi Hassan in Pakistan hospital - Feb 15, 2009
- Mahesh Bhatt visits Karachi to see ailing Mehdi Hassan - Feb 16, 2009
- Big B mourns ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 14, 2012
- Zardari announces one million rupees for ailing Mehdi Hassan - Feb 15, 2009
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Kashmiri artists and ghazal lovers mourn Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan - my immortal 'ghazal traash' (Tribute) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee condoles Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 13, 2012
- Flyover, park to be dedicated to Mehdi Hassan - Apr 25, 2011
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: aga khan university, aga khan university hospital, asif ali zardari, chief minister, consultant neurologist, disorientation, dr aziz, ghazal singer, legendry, lungs, medical bills, mehdi hassan, nursing care, one million, pakistan government, physical mobility, rainy day, rupees, sepsis, shahenshah