Meet the four-year-old cricket buff whos visited by Bradmans ghost!April 16th, 2008 - 5:02 pm ICT by admin
Sydney, Apr.16 (ANI): Four-year-old Ethan Jamieson loves to have a knock in the nets of the Elite Cricket Club in Sydney, and even before he touched four, he could name every player in the Australian cricket team … and the roles they play.
A cricket fan since he was a baby and a lad who first picked up a bat when he was two, Ethan, a left-handed batsman, recounts how he was visited in a dream by another famous batsman — Don Bradman.
“He told me to practise and listen and concentrate and don’t get distracted,” news.com.au quoted Ethan, as saying.
Chris Jamieson, Ethans father, says when his son was a toddler, he (Chris) noticed his son’s potential talent.
Mr Jamieson started giving Ethan cricket lessons in the back yard and now they practise together every day. When he ran out of things to teach the thirsty young boy, Chris enrolled Ethan at Elite Cricket in Gladesville for coaching under the tutelage of former Australia A cricketer Mark Atkinson.
Ethan attends lessons weekly and his confidence at the stumps has impressed the coach and others at the centre.
“He has remarkable hand-eye co-ordination to do what he is doing at age four,” said Mr Atkinson. (ANI)
- Bradman's backyard bat expected to fetch $15,000-$20,000 - Nov 05, 2010
- Tendulkar had been surprisingly fragile: Chappell - Oct 24, 2011
- Cricketing world pays rich tributes to Dravid - Mar 09, 2012
- Honoured to be part of Clarke's great innings: Hussey - Jan 05, 2012
- Oz court advises mediation in case involving Don Bradman's name - Feb 09, 2011
- Elite Oz batsmen becoming robots because of bowling machines: Smith - Jan 30, 2011
- It's scientifically proven: Bradman is the greatest batsman of all times - Aug 15, 2010
- Ex-Oz PM Howard says Ponting best Australian batsman since Bradman - Oct 31, 2010
- Bradman's iconic 'backyard cricket' bats up for grabs - Nov 05, 2010
- Sangakkara on a record breaking spree, beats Bradman - Jul 04, 2012
- Chappell tells coaches to follow Bradman's advice of pitching the ball up - Nov 25, 2010
- Aussies need consistent fast bowler, leg-spinner to regain Ashes: Gavaskar - Oct 21, 2010
- Metro guard tries to save kid, falls on track - Jan 28, 2012
- Gayle returns to Sydney for Big Bash T20 - Jul 24, 2012
- Ponting is elephant in the room, says Cairns - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: australian cricket team, back yard, batsman, buff, cricket club, cricket fan, cricketer, elite, ethans, ghost, gladesville, hand eye, jamieson, lad, mark atkinson, mr atkinson, old cricket, ordination, stumps, tutelage