Meet the Chinese man who claps at 108 dB!February 19th, 2009 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, February 19 (ANI): A Chinese man has been grabbing the spotlight with his talent to clap at a staggering 108 decibel.
Zhang Quan, from Chongqing municipality, accorded his exceptional quality to years of practice, reports China Daily.
He said: “I found my clapping was very loud when I was young. I worked hard to exercise.”
The 71-year-olds clapping magnitude was measured at a performance by the local environment administrative bureau.
While a train whistle can reach up to 100 dB, the sound of an aircraft taking off can measure 130 dB. (ANI)
- 'Sound levels in ICUs exceed WHO limits' - Sep 18, 2012
- Meet the world's 'loudest' cat whose purr is as noisy as a Boeing 737! - Feb 22, 2011
- China vows to protect foreigners - Apr 21, 2012
- World's quietest room absorbs all sound - Apr 04, 2012
- Driving a convertible could be hazardous to health - Jan 05, 2011
- No crackers after 10 p.m.: Delhi Police - Nov 04, 2010
- Now, meet the shrimp that makes more noise than a jumbo jet! - Mar 03, 2011
- Keep away from noisy firecrackers for ear's sake - Nov 04, 2010
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve - Aug 20, 2012
- Oakland mayor tired of 'Occupy Oakland' protestors - Jan 30, 2012
- When does music produce noise-like effect? - Nov 17, 2008
- Popular toys could damage hearing of children - Dec 19, 2011
- Delhi airport told to cut noise pollution - Oct 24, 2010
- Traffic noise 'can increase stroke risk' - Jan 26, 2011
- Cat wins Guinness record for loudest purr - May 22, 2011