Maoists refuse Nepal PM’s call to join govtMay 27th, 2009 - 2:03 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, May 27 (ANI): The Unified CPN (Maoist) has refused Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal’s call to join the government.
Talking to reporters here on Tuesday, Maoist spokesperson Dina Nath Sharma said there is no possibility of them joining the government or working together until ‘civil supremacy’ is maintained.
Sharma pointed out that the Prime Minister’s address hailed President Dr Ram Baran Yadav and the Nepal Army terming their role in the ongoing peace process as praiseworthy.
“It is quite a joke that the Prime Minister has approved of the very issues that are our major grouses and called us for consensus,” he said.
The Prime Minister in his first address to the nation on Tuesday called the Maoists to support him by joining the government to take the peace process to a logical conclusion.
The Maoists who stepped down from the government following the President’s intervention in the cabinet’s decision to sack the army chief have said that they would not lend any support to the government till the civilian supremacy is restored in the country with the “rectification” of the president’s move.
Senior Maoist leader Dr Baburam Bhattarai has said that the peace process has already been derailed and there can be no consensus until these wrongs are corrected, Nepalnews reported. (ANI)
- Nepal Maoists hail PM's resignation - Jul 01, 2010
- Nepal opposition plans anti-government protest - Jun 05, 2012
- Will 13 prove lucky for Nepal's new PM? - Sep 05, 2011
- Nepal deadlock: India hopes for consensus, dialogue - May 29, 2012
- Nepal gets a new cabinet - May 06, 2012
- Prachanda calls Khanal to discuss political developments in Nepal - May 06, 2009
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- Last-minute deal averts crisis in Nepal - Jan 15, 2011
- Maoists accused of breaching Peace Agreement in Nepal - Dec 21, 2009
- Nepal president asks warring parties to form government by Friday - Jan 16, 2011
- Nepal minister sounds warning to Maoist government - Jan 29, 2012
- Nepal PM to parley with Indian PM, Chinese president - Sep 18, 2011
- Nepal's opposition parties to hold anti-PM rally - Jun 02, 2012
- Nepal's Maoist chief under fire for India bashing - Nov 25, 2010
- Maoist make new threats as foreign secretary begins Nepal visit - Jan 18, 2011