Manmohan Singh, Sonia in Chandigarh for match (Lead)March 30th, 2011 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 30 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived here Wednesday afternoon to watch the World Cup cricket semifinal between India and Pakistan with his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani.
Accompanied by Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul Gandhi, the prime minister headed straight for the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium in Mohali, 10 km from here.
Unprecedented security arrangements have been made by police and central agencies in Chandigarh and Mohali for the VVIP visit and the match, being watched by thousands of spectators from both the countries and including industrialists, film stars and politicians.
- It's raining VVIPs, celebrities at Mohali - Mar 30, 2011
- Clear skies in Mohali after thunderstorm - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani, Manmohan meet teams before match begins - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan PM Gilani in India for World Cup semifinal (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani to stay at Chandigarh hotel hosting both teams (Lead) - Mar 28, 2011
- On World Cup day, Chandigarh airport tackles record 98 flights - Mar 30, 2011
- PM to stay at Punjab Raj Bhawan, Gilani at the Taj - Mar 28, 2011
- PM to host dinner for Gilani in Mohali - Mar 29, 2011
- Manmohan, Gilani enjoy dinner as cricket goes on (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan PM Gilani arrives in Chandigarh - Mar 30, 2011
- Manmohan, Gilani meet over dinner (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Team India reaches Chandigarh for WC semi-final clash with Pakistan - Mar 26, 2011
- Manmohan Singh claps, Gilani glum - Mar 31, 2011
- Manmohan, Gilani meet over dinner - Mar 30, 2011
- PM unlikely to watch World Cup final - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,