Manmohan Singh dedicates Chenab Bridge to nationApril 25th, 2008 - 9:00 pm ICT by admin
Akhnoor (J-K), Apr 25 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, who is on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, on Friday inaugurated the countrys longest cantilever bridge on the Chenab River.
J-K Governor Lt Gen (retired) S K Sinha, Chief Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, Deputy Chief Minister Muzaffar Hussain Baig and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed were among others who were present during the occasion.
Soon after inaugurating the bridge, Dr Singh expressed hope that India and Pakistan would be able to put the past behind and move forward with a sense of urgency without false fears or narrow agendas.
I hope that we (India and Pakistan) will be able to put the past behind us and that we can move forward with a sense of urgency, not inhibited by false fears or narrow agendas, said the Prime Minister.
I have been heartened by the very positive statements made by the new leaders (of Pakistan), he added.
After inaugurating the bridge, Dr Singh left for Katra where he will address first convocation of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) University.
On April 26, the Prime Minister will inaugurate Dul Hasti project and address a public meeting at Kishtwar. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh dedicates Chenab Bridge to nation (Update) - Apr 25, 2008
- Manmohan Singh favours more road links with PoK - Apr 26, 2008
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- Record pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi - Dec 25, 2011
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Dalai Lama to visit Jammu - Nov 08, 2011
- Infiltration bid foiled in J-K, one militant killed - Nov 03, 2009
- Man posing as advisor to PM arrested - Jul 13, 2010
- Rowling honoured with London award - May 10, 2012
- Mufti seeks boost for Kashmir economy - Dec 26, 2011
- PMO denies media reports of Manmohan Singh-Kayani secret talks - Apr 24, 2011
- ADB to be tapped for funding Jammu water scheme - Jan 04, 2012
- Fond memories abound as Zero Bridge dismantled - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: cantilever bridge, chenab river, convocation, countrys, deputy chief minister, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, false fears, ghulam nabi azad, india and pakistan, kashmir, katra, manmohan, manmohan singh, mata vaishno devi shrine board, narrow agendas, new leaders, sayeed, sense of urgency, shri mata vaishno devi shrine board