Manmohan, Gilani enjoy dinner as cricket goes on (Second Lead)March 30th, 2011 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, March 30 (IANS) Prime Ministers Manmohan Singh of India and Yousuf Raza Gilani of Pakistan met at dinner at the cricket stadium here Wednesday night as Pakistan chased India’s 260 at the World Cup semifinal.
Also present at the dinner table were Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his predecessor Amarinder Singh.
The dinner, which began around 8.30 p.m., was held at a conference room at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Club House.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, who also flew to Mohali Wednesday to watch cricket, did not attend the dinner.
The non-vegetarian delicacies served at the dinner included ‘Gosht Barra’, ‘Tawa ki Machhi’, ‘Tandoori Salmon’ and ‘Chops Biryani’.
Among the vegetarian items were ‘Shahi Idlis’, Subz Biryani’, ‘Bindi Nain-tara” and other delicacies.
The dinner ended with ‘Gulukand ka Kalakand’ and ‘Kesari Phirni’.
No formal talks were scheduled between the prime ministers at the dinner. An informed source said the two did discuss cricket.
The leaders arrived in the morning to watch the semifinal clash between India and Pakistan.
Gilani, who arrived from Pakistan, and Manmohan Singh, who flew from New Delhi, first watched a part of the game after India won the toss and chose to bat.
After seeing the game for a while, the two prime ministers left for Chandigarh. Manmohan Singh went to the Punjab Raj Bhavan and Gilani headed to Hotel Taj, where he is staying.
Both returned in the evening to the game venue for the dinner. Later, they went back to the stadium to watch more of cricket.
- Manmohan Singh hosts dinner for Gilani at Mohali - Mar 30, 2011
- Manmohan Singh's dinner for Gilani to start shortly - Mar 30, 2011
- Manmohan, Gilani Mohali dinner to include spicy fare - Mar 30, 2011
- 'Indo-Pak' food awaits Gilani, Manmohan - Mar 29, 2011
- Sumptuous spread at PM's luncheon for Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan, Gilani meet over dinner - Mar 30, 2011
- Manmohan, Gilani meet over dinner (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- PM to host dinner for Gilani in Mohali - Mar 29, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Intro Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan, Zardari, Gilani to watch cricket -- for peace (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Manmohan invites Zardari, Gilani for cricket -- and peace (Night Intro) - Mar 26, 2011
- Pakistan PM Gilani arrives in Chandigarh - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani, Manmohan take forward dialogue process - Mar 30, 2011
- Manmohan Singh, Sonia in Chandigarh for match (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- PM invites Zardari, Gilani for India-Pakistan match - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,