Man attempts to throw shoe at MusharrafNovember 5th, 2011 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 5 (IANS) A man tried to hurl his shoe at Pervez Musharraf when he was addressing a gathering in London, the second such attempt on the former Pakistan president.
The attempt was made when Musharraf was addressing the Kashmiri community in Luton, reported Geo News. Security personnel promptly caught hold of the man and took him out of the venue.
Another man raised slogans against Musharraf.
This is not the first time that an attempt was made to throw a shoe at Musharraf.
In February this year, a man threw a shoe at Musharraf when he was addressing a gathering in Britain. The shoe didn’t hit the former military dictator.
Musharraf ruled Pakistan for nine years after taking power in a bloodless coup in 1999. He stepped down in 2008 and left Pakistan. He now lives in London.
An Iraqi journalist, Muntazar al Zaidi, threw his shoes at US president George Bush in 2008, sparking a string of copy-cat attacks.
Among other personalities to have shoes tossed at them are Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao.
- Man throws shoe at Pervez Musharraf - Feb 07, 2011
- Throwing footwear: A trend to showcase anger - Oct 18, 2011
- Shoe attacks started with George Bush - Jun 06, 2011
- Shoe-chucking turning into a popular protest form (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Zardari guarded by 'human shield' at press conference to prevent shoe attack - Aug 20, 2010
- Shoes hurled at Zardari in Britain - Aug 08, 2010
- Shoe hurled at Musharraf during London conference - Feb 07, 2011
- Iraqi shoe-thrower targeted with shoe (Lead) - Dec 02, 2009
- Iraqi shoe-thrower pelted with shoe - Dec 02, 2009
- Man hurls shoes at judge in Pakistan - Nov 23, 2010
- Show thrower says ex-Oz PM Howard deserved 'a lot worse'for Iraq War involvement - Oct 26, 2010
- Man who threw shoes at ex-Australian PM dies - May 10, 2011
- Musharraf is now an accused in Benazir killing - Feb 07, 2011
- Shoes thrown at others, Pawar first to be assaulted (Timeline) - Nov 24, 2011
- Iraqi shoe thrower's release delayed by a day, says his brother - Sep 14, 2009
Tags: asif ali zardari, bloodless coup, cat attacks, chinese premier wen jiabao, copy cat, geo news, george bush, home minister, military dictator, nine years, nov 5, p chidambaram, personalities, pervez musharraf, premier wen jiabao, president george bush, security personnel, slogans, wen jiabao, zaidi