Malaysian designer’s 85m-long wedding dress train enters record bookAugust 14th, 2010 - 2:55 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, August 14 (ANI): A Malaysian fashion designer has created a new record by making 85m-long wedding dress train for her wedding.
Fashion designer S. Revathi, 31, worked long and hard - day and night for two months - to put together her RM5,000 satin can-can gown with an 85m-long train.
Not only did the creation wow her wedding guests, the gown was deemed special enough to go into the Malaysia Book of Records (MBR) as the longest wedding dress train.
MBR official Leona Paul, who was present to measure Revathi’s train, said the previous record achieved two years ago was at 35m.
Revathi, who married her boyfriend of 10 years, S. Gilchrist, 38, at Our Mother of Perpetual Help, said she had wanted her wedding to be different.
“And it was really my wish come true to be able to walk into church wearing my own wedding dress,” the Star Online quoted Revathi as saying.
It was a feat to get Revathi into the church for her wedding, even with the help of 10 flower girls, her bridesmaid and relatives.
The ceremony started late due to the difficulty of arranging the wedding train. Even then, part of the train was still outside the church.
“I’m going to keep the dress and train as a remembrance.”
“Perhaps, I’ll display it at my shop,” added Revathi, who runs a fashion accessories and costume jewellery business in Penang and Kedah. (ANI)
- Kate is vision in white - Apr 29, 2011
- Vera Wang to design Kim Kardashian's wedding gown - Aug 02, 2011
- Kate weds in white Sarah Burton gown (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Diaz helps Barrymore with wedding dress - Jun 01, 2012
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Chinese brides-to-be eye Kate's wedding gown - May 04, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Vanessa Hudgens talks about her dream wedding dress - Feb 22, 2011
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Now, Chinese tailors copy Kate's wedding gown - May 01, 2011
- Replica of Kate's wedding dress to hit stores - May 04, 2011
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- 'American Idol' Bride Kellie Pickler Shows Off Designer Wedding Dress - Jan 14, 2011
- Riteish-Genelia church wedding a family affair - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: bridesmaid, fashion accessories, flower girls, gilchrist, jewellery business, kuala lumpur, leona, long train, malaysia book of records, malaysian fashion designer, mother of perpetual help, penang, relatives, remembrance, revathi, satin, wedding dress, wedding fashion, wedding guests, wedding train