Lollywood against Pak artistes visiting India for fame and moneyFebruary 22nd, 2011 - 3:09 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 22 (ANI): Pakistan’s film industry has advised their performers to stop frequent visits to India, and avoid acting in Indian films and participating in television shows, after severe threats from Shiv Sena to Bollywood against giving assignments to Pakistani artists.
The warnings from Shiv Sena came in the wake of the detention of renowned Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan at the Delhi airport for carrying undeclared currency.
Veteran film director of Lollywood Syed Noor said it was shameful for the Pakistani artists, who frequently visited India just for cupidity of fame and money, to work in Indian film industry after such insult.
He said it had been cleared that Indians spared no effort to slander the Pakistani artists but regretfully it was stated that some of our artists still wished to work in Indian film industry, The Nation reports.
Noor said Shiv Sena threatened and insulted Pakistani artists several times but despite of such incidents the artists were frequently visiting India.
“They should at least keep in mind the respect of the country if they have not their own. Actually they are all money makers and can go to any extent for this,” he said.
Terming about the issue of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Noor said he belonged to a distinguished family, which he should keep in mind, and the Indian authorities punished and insulted him just for being Pakistani.
He said Indians were exporting their culture to our country through their films and dramas but the authorities concerned were not taking any measure in this regard. (ANI)
- Shiv Sena warning film industry against hiring Pakistanis: Mahesh Bhatt - Feb 20, 2011
- Rahat mulls legal action against Indian officials - Feb 23, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan willing to revisit India despite detention - Feb 23, 2011
- Rahat, manager fined Rs.1.5 each - Feb 20, 2011
- Rahat Ali's arrest in India 'conspiracy against Pakistani artistes', claims Pak MPA - Feb 19, 2011
- Pakistan concerned over Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's detention in India (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistani singer Rahat Ali Khan, manager fined Rs. 15 lakh - Feb 20, 2011
- Airport detentions on the rise for Bollywood stars - Jun 29, 2011
- Please don't club me with Rahat: Adnan - Feb 27, 2011
- Rahat case fallout: Pakistani artistes need NOC to go abroad - Feb 25, 2011
- I pay 40 pc of my Indian earnings as taxes: Veena Malik - Mar 20, 2011
- Ban Indian films, demands Pakistan daily - Oct 07, 2011
- Pakistan singer Rahat Ali to face Revenue Intelligence in Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Goa's Education Minister detained at Mumbai airport - Apr 02, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan detained at Delhi airport - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: cupidity, delhi airport, fateh ali khan, film director, frequent visits, indian authorities, indian film industry, indian films, indians, insult, lollywood, money makers, pakistani singer, rahat fateh ali, rahat fateh ali khan, sena, syed noor, television shows, veteran film, visiting india