LeT founder wants Pakistani leaders to learn from CameronJuly 15th, 2012 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
London, July 14 (IANS) Lashkar-i-Taiba founder and the 2008 Mumbai terror attack’s alleged mastermind Hafeez Saeed has asked Pakistani leaders to aspire to be more like British Prime Minister David Cameron and Tory politician Boris Johnson.
Saeed has professed his admiration for Cameron and Johnson’s bike-riding “Islamic” lifestyles when he lodged a petition in the Lahore High Court calling for public officials in Pakistan to tone down their privileged lifestyles, Daily Mail reported.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Saeed wrote in the petition that while Pakistan’s political elite were “living like kings and princes in palatial government houses,” Britain’s prime minister lived in a four-bedroom flat.
“When the sun never set on the British Empire, the chief executive of that great country lived in the same house of a few marlas in a small street.
“That is truly Islamic, that is like following the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet,” he added.
Saeed stated President Asif Ali Zardari travelled to Britain recently by private jet paid for by the Pakistani state.
Raja Pervez Ashraf, who became prime minister last month, is also reported to have had a helipad set up at his Islamabad home.
- Rupert Murdoch wants Boris to lead the Tories - Aug 01, 2012
- London mayor doesn't want to be PM - Aug 09, 2012
- Pakistani PM visits Afghanistan - Jul 19, 2012
- Rehman Malik resigns from Pakistani Senate - Jul 10, 2012
- British guard stuns paperless Cameron - Jul 31, 2012
- 'Pay me 10,000 pounds for access to British PM' - Jan 15, 2012
- British bank chief's high bonus criticized (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- London launches Paralympic torch relay - Aug 24, 2012
- British bank chief criticized over bonus - Jan 28, 2012
- David Cameron' does a U-turn as he decides to wear tails at royal wedding - Apr 21, 2011
- Rehman Malik made advisor to Pakistani PM - Jun 05, 2012
- Cameron wants Muslim clerics in Lords - Apr 25, 2011
- British PM plays tennis with London mayor - Sep 09, 2011
- Get back capital punishement: Indian-origin British MP - Aug 24, 2011
- Huddled over eurozone crisis, EU leaders watch football - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: ashraf, boris johnson, british empire, british prime minister, cameron london, daily mail, daily telegraph, david cameron, helipad, holy prophet, lahore high court, minister david, pakistani leaders, political elite, private jet, public officials, saeed, sunnah, terror attack, zardari