Latif Khosa offers cooperation to PML-N through reconciliation processJanuary 15th, 2011 - 3:19 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 15(ANI): Newly-appointed Punjab Governor Sardar Latif Khosa has made an offer of cooperation and “cordial relations” to the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), as part of the reconciliation policy adopted by the Pakistan People’s Party.
Khosa said that after his visit to Naudero, he would meet PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif in the continuation of his efforts to reconcile differences with all political parties.
“I would develop cordial relations with the Punjab government through reconciliation process,” Geo TV quoted Khosa, as saying to the media persons after a meeting with Interior Minister Abdul Rehman Malik, who had called on him at the Governor’s House in Lahore.
The Punjab Governor said the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) was founded to serve the masses of the country and give them self-esteem.
Khosa said he would turn Pakistan, and especially Punjab, into an oasis of peace, adding that every possible measure would be adopted to improve the law and order situation in the province. To a question, he expressed deep sorrow and grief over the murder of a journalist in Karachi, and paid rich tributes to the late scribe who died in harness.Speaking on the occasion, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said he had come to congratulate and extend his best wishes to Khosa on his elevation as Punjab Governor.
Earlier this week, President Asif Ali Zardari had appointed former Attorney General Khosa as the new Punjab Governor, following the assassination of Salmaan Taseer, who was shot by one of his own guards, Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qari, in an upmarket neighbourhood of Islamabad last Tuesday. (ANI)
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- Zardari appoints Latif Khan Khosa as Punjab governor - Jan 12, 2011
- PPP divided over judicial inquiry in Taseer killing - Jan 15, 2011
- Pak Punjab seminaries are safe havens for extremists: Malik - Mar 05, 2011
- Petition challenges removal of seven PPP ministers from Pak Punjab cabinet - Mar 04, 2011
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Sharif blames 'traitor of democracy' Zardari for all of Pakistan's problems - Feb 24, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Pakistan wants Law Minister Sanaullah ousted for links with terrorists: Taseer - Sep 05, 2010
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- Zardari likely to appoint former AG Latif Khosa as Punjab Governor - Jan 09, 2011
- Nawaz involved in corruption: Rehman Malik - Apr 29, 2012
- Zardari says PPP will play democratic role in Pak Punjab - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,