Lahore HC rejects plea to block ‘possible transfer’ of Davis to Rawalpindi prisonMarch 4th, 2011 - 2:29 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 4(ANI): The Lahore High Court has rejected a petition seeking to block a possible transfer of double murder-accused US official Raymond Davis from Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat prison to the Adiyala Jail in Rawalpindi.
Filed by Rana Ilmuddin Ghazi, the petition stated that the government was planning to shift Davis from Kot Lakhpat prison to Adiyala jail, which would make Davis’ handover to the United States easier.
The petition requested the court to issue a directive to block the transfer, the Dawn reports.
During the hearing, LHC Chief Justice Ijaz Chaudhry said that the government had not issued any notification regarding transferring Davis to Adiyala jail.
He rejected the petition, saying that such applications waste the precious time of the court.
Davis is expected to stay in the high-security detention centre in Lahore until a court hearing next month, despite repeated demands by the US to release him immediately on the grounds of diplomatic immunity. (ANI)
- Pak court rejects two petitions filed against Raymond Davis - Mar 07, 2011
- Court issues notice to Pak Govt on application against 'special facilities in jail' for Davis - Mar 01, 2011
- Pak court hears petitions on shifting Raymond Davis, diplomatic immunity - Feb 21, 2011
- Murder-accused American ends hunger strike over "substandard food" in Pak jail:Sources - Feb 24, 2011
- Davis seeks reinvestigation into Lahore double murder case - Mar 16, 2011
- Pak court rejects Davis' plea for diplomatic immunity - Mar 03, 2011
- Two US law experts reach Lahore to provide legal assistance to Davis - Mar 05, 2011
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- Lahore HC quashes petition to make Ambassador Munter party to Raymond Davis case - Mar 08, 2011
- Pak Home Ministry given a week's time to reply in Davis shootout victims' heirs case - Apr 12, 2011
- Lahore HC admits petition to make media reports part of Davis immunity case - Mar 02, 2011
- Davis' trial to be held at Lahore's Kot Lakhpat prison - Feb 22, 2011
- Pakistan court indicts Davis for double murder (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Pak court blocks 'murder-accused US diplomat' from exiting country - Feb 01, 2011