Lahore HC moved against Pak cricket team on match-fixing charges in WC semi-finalMarch 31st, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 31(ANI): A petition has been filed in the Lahore High Court (LHC) against the Pakistan cricket team on charges of match-fixing in the ICC World Cup 2011 semi-final match against India.
The petitioner, Azhar Siddiq, pleaded the court on Thursday to elicit the record of phone calls of Pakistan cricket team captain Shahid Afridi and other players, Samaa TV reports.
The petition said the match was fixed to create friendly ties between archrivals India and Pakistan.
It also said that before start of the match, Afridi had talks with Interior Minister Rehman Malik and Information Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan on the telephone.On Wednesday, disciplined bowling by India saw them beat Pakistan by 29 runs to set-up a World Cup final against Sri Lanka in Mumbai on April 2.
After India’s 260 for 9 was built around man-of-the-match Sachin Tendulkar’s 85, Pakistan were dismissed for 231 with a ball to spare after all of India’s five bowlers took two wickets each.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani watched the Indo-Pak match in Mohali along with his Indian counterpart Dr Manmohan Singh, who had extended the invitation to both Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Gilani simultaneously.
Dr Singh’s invitation was perceived as ‘cricket diplomacy’ to improve the frosty relationship between India and Pakistan. (ANI)
- Indo-Pak WC semi-final, not Kashmir, on Gilani's India visit agenda: Awan - Mar 29, 2011
- Gilani heading 45-member delegation for India 'cricket diplomacy' visit - Mar 30, 2011
- Kashmir not on agenda during Gilani's India trip - Mar 29, 2011
- Pak's World Cup cricketers get Rs one million each - Apr 12, 2011
- Lahore High Court quashes petition against Shaoib Malik for overspending on marriage - Apr 28, 2010
- Indo-Pak cricket rivalry bigger than Ashes: Waqar - Apr 15, 2011
- Gilani accepts Dr Singh's invitation to watch Indo-Pak WC match in Mohali - Mar 27, 2011
- Pakistan information minister resigns - Dec 25, 2011
- Gilani urges Pak team to show "best of sportsmanship and dedication to contest" - Mar 29, 2011
- Gilani verdict to be appealed: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistan cricket team lauded for series win - Feb 07, 2012
- Women's T20 cricket tournament kicks off in Lahore - Jan 23, 2012
- PHF to discuss Indo-Pak hockey series revival with Malik today - Apr 19, 2011
- High profile team accompanies Gilani for Mohali match - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani to discuss all mutual interest issues during India visit: Foreign Office - Mar 30, 2011
Tags: afridi, asif ali zardari, awan, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, final match, gilani, icc world cup, icc world cup 2011, india and pakistan, indian counterpart, indo pak match, information minister, lahore high court, manmohan singh, mohali, pak cricket, pakistan cricket team, relationship between india, tv reports