Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis’ victimMarch 11th, 2011 - 1:06 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 11(ANI): The Lahore High Court has dismissed an application moved by Imran Haider, brother of Lahore shootout victim Faizan Haider, to make him a necessary party in the Raymond Davis immunity case.
CIA contractor Davis was arrested by police after shooting dead 22-year-old Faizan Haider and 26-year-old Faheem Shamshad on January 27 in Lahore, allegedly in self-defence.
As Imran’s application came up for hearing, LHC Chief Justice Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry observed that it was not necessary for the applicant to become a party to the case because the court could not act on mere apprehensions.
The applicant’s counsel withdrew the application after this observation, the Daily Times reports.
Imran’s counsel had submitted in the application that many petitions had been filed before the LHC about this case, and the court had fixed March 14 for the hearing of the petition challenging the possible diplomatic immunity to Davis.
Imran said that he was an aggrieved party in the case, as Davis had killed his brother along with his friend, and as such he was a necessary party. (ANI)
- Lahore HC quashes petition to make Ambassador Munter party to Raymond Davis case - Mar 08, 2011
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- Pak court indicts Raymond Davis for double murder - Mar 16, 2011
- Davis' release challenged in Lahore High Court - Mar 17, 2011
- Pak Home Ministry given a week's time to reply in Davis shootout victims' heirs case - Apr 12, 2011
- Pak court rejects two petitions filed against Raymond Davis - Mar 07, 2011
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- Two US law experts reach Lahore to provide legal assistance to Davis - Mar 05, 2011
- Two US law experts meet Davis, discuss legal issues in double murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Lahore trial court to decide Davis immunity issue - Mar 14, 2011
- Pak-US relations can't be held hostage to Raymond Davis case: Gilani - Mar 13, 2011
- Pak court rejects Davis' plea for diplomatic immunity - Mar 03, 2011
- Lahore HC admits petition to make media reports part of Davis immunity case - Mar 02, 2011
- Lahore HC gives both Pak, Punjab govts 10 days to recover heirs of Davis' victims - Apr 01, 2011
- Lahore HC seeks explanation on 'disappearance' of heirs of Davis shootout victims - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: ahmad, apprehensions, brother, chaudhry, chief justice, cia, cia contractor, diplomatic immunity, hc, immunity case, january 27, lahore high court, lhc, observation, petition, petitions, raymond davis, self defence, shamshad