Lahore HC admits petition to make media reports part of Davis immunity caseMarch 2nd, 2011 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 2(ANI): The Lahore High Court (LHC) has admitted for formal hearing a petition to make media reports regarding double murder-accused CIA contractor Raymond Davis part of the case record.
Petitioner Advocate Muhammad Azhar Siddique stated that media reports regarding Davis’ status should be made part of the record in the diplomatic immunity case so that the court’s verdict takes various aspects of the case into consideration, the Dawn reports.
The applicant referred to various news reports in foreign media, with one report claiming that the United States had withdrawn from the optional protocol to Vienna Convention on Consular Rights proposed in 1963.
Siddique said former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice had informed UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan about the administrative decision to withdraw from the protocol in a letter dated March 7, 2005.
The applicant argued that since America intended to move the International Court of Justice, there was a possibility that either the US or Pakistan might take such an action that could ultimately oust the jurisdiction of this court on the matter.
Siddique filed another petition in the court to make the United States government a party in the Davis immunity case, to which Chief Justice Ijaz Chaudhry asked as to why it should be made a party to the case.
The court subsequently adjourned the hearing of the petitions until March 14. (ANI)
- Pak court rejects two petitions filed against Raymond Davis - Mar 07, 2011
- Lahore HC quashes petition to make Ambassador Munter party to Raymond Davis case - Mar 08, 2011
- Pak Foreign Ministry has no records on Davis' diplomatic immunity status: DAG - Mar 15, 2011
- Petition filed in Pak court to make America 'party' in Davis immunity case - Mar 01, 2011
- Lahore HC rejects plea to block 'possible transfer' of Davis to Rawalpindi prison - Mar 04, 2011
- Court moved to prevent Pak govt from providing Davis with immunity from sentence - Feb 15, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Lahore High Court dismisses petitions on Davis immunity - Mar 14, 2011
- Davis case adjourned till March 14 after Pak FM seeks more time to reply on his status - Feb 17, 2011
- Court issues notice to Pak Govt on application against 'special facilities in jail' for Davis - Mar 01, 2011
- Pak court hears petitions on shifting Raymond Davis, diplomatic immunity - Feb 21, 2011
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- Pak court blocks 'murder-accused US diplomat' from exiting country - Feb 01, 2011
- Davis to have legal counsel during trial court proceedings in Pakistan: US Embassy - Mar 16, 2011
- Pak Govt to tell court Davis doesn't enjoy blanket immunity: Sources - Mar 13, 2011
Tags: administrative decision, case record, chaudhry, cia contractor, condoleezza rice, diplomatic immunity, double murder, general kofi annan, immunity case, international court of justice, kofi annan, lahore high court, optional protocol, raymond davis, secretary general kofi, secretary general kofi annan, secretary of state condoleezza rice, state condoleezza rice, un secretary general, vienna convention