Lahore doctors urged to end strikeJuly 8th, 2012 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 8 (IANS) The Lahore High Court has asked the striking doctors at the city’s government hospitals to end their protest.
Justice Ijazul Ahsan of the high court Saturday suspended all government actions, including termination and show cause notices, issued against the doctors.
The court ordered them to resume work from Monday, Dawn reported Sunday.
The protest started after police registered a murder case against doctors in Lahore’s Mayo Hospital following the death of a child during treatment.
Faisal Zaman, additional advocate general, said the child died due to denial of treatment and was buried without an autopsy. The body will be exhumed to find out the cause of death.
Advocate Azhar Siddique, who pleaded the cases against Young Doctors Association (YDA), said he will file a contempt of court petition if they did not obey the court order.
- Pak court dumps petition seeking ban on Facebook for 'displaying blasphemous material' - Mar 01, 2011
- Doctor suspended for hiding evidence in rape-murder of Dalit teen - Jan 28, 2011
- Zulfikar Bhutto had blamed US for his 'horrible' fate - Apr 08, 2011
- Court moved to prevent Pak govt from providing Davis with immunity from sentence - Feb 15, 2011
- Lahore HC admits petition to make media reports part of Davis immunity case - Mar 02, 2011
- Pak court rejects two petitions filed against Raymond Davis - Mar 07, 2011
- Court notice to 12 private hospitals in Delhi - Aug 08, 2012
- Lahore doctors' strike continues - Jun 23, 2012
- Jodhpur pregnancy death toll reaches 17 - Mar 14, 2011
- More Mumbai doctors strike work demanding safety - Sep 09, 2011
- Gilani pays lawyer for service - May 01, 2012
- Bangladesh court orders exhumation of 'whipped to death' girl's body for new autopsy - Feb 08, 2011
- Petition filed in Pak court to make America 'party' in Davis immunity case - Mar 01, 2011
- Yasser Afrafat's body to be exhumed - Jul 04, 2012
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: advocate general, ahsan, autopsy, azhar, cause of death, contempt of court, court petition, dawn, death of a child, denial, government actions, government hospitals, lahore high court, mayo hospital, murder case, protest, siddique, striking doctors, yda, young doctors