Lahore-bound goods train hits tractor-trolley, one killedMarch 8th, 2008 - 8:44 pm ICT by admin
Amritsar, March 8 (IANS) A Lahore-bound goods train hit a tractor-trolley in dense fog at an unmanned railway crossing at a village near here Saturday, leaving one person dead and two injured. Avtar Singh was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead. The injured people were taken to a government hospital here.
The accident took place near Gharinda village near the Attari border check post, 20 km from here. The tractor-trolley driver did not see the approaching train in dense fog and collided with the train.
There were seven people on the tractor-trolley but four managed to jump out in time.
Railway and police officials rushed to the spot. A case was registered at the Gharinda police station.
The Pakistan-bound goods train resumed its journey after a delay.
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- One killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision - Nov 12, 2009
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- Four students killed, 15 injured as train rams autorickshaw - Jan 15, 2011
- 4 killed in train-tractor collision - Nov 20, 2009
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Nine killed as train rams into tractor-tolley (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- Five killed, over 50 injured in three separate train accidents - Jan 02, 2010
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- 11 killed, 30 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Jan 25, 2009
- Nine killed, 35 injured in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 25, 2009
- One killed in Punjab train-tractor collision - Mar 02, 2009
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011