Krishna to visit Pakistan in SeptemberJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Thursday said he hopes to visit Islamabad in the first week of September for official talks and the dates will be decided by the foreign secretaries of the two countries.
“We are looking for dates in the first week of September,” Krishna told reporters when asked about the date for his Pakistan visit.
He added that he will visit Islamabad before he goes for the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York.
Krishna was set to go to Islamabad July 17-18 for the foreign minister-level talks, but he said he had to postpone his visit due to the July 19 presidential election.
Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani in their talks here Thursday discussed the dates for Krishna’s visit to Islamabad.
The foreign secretaries will meet again in Islamabad, on a date to be decided through diplomatic channels, to prepare for the meeting of the foreign ministers in September, said a joint statement after the foreign secretaries’ talks.
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan rejects accusations on 26/11 (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan top diplomats to meet June 29, visa accord soon (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- India pushes hard for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan likely to sign visa pact Saturday - Sep 07, 2012
- Krishna's Pakistan visit deferred, secretary-level talks next week (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- 26/11 ghosts cast shadow on India-Pakistan talks - Jul 02, 2012
- Visa pact to be signed Saturday, will benefit common people: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Stable Pakistan in everyone's interest: Krishna (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- India, Pakistan foreign secretaries to hold talks June 29 - Jun 06, 2012
- Krishna in Pakistan, will share concerns on terror - Sep 07, 2012
- Pakistan, India discuss cricketing ties - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan acknowledge 'more needs to be done' - Sep 07, 2012
- No dossier for Pakistan on Abu Jindal: Chidambaram - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: abbas, counterpart, diplomatic channels, external affairs minister, foreign minister, foreign ministers, jilani, july 17, krishna, mathai, minister level, New Delhi, pakistan visit, presidential election, ranjan, secretaries, unga, united nations, united nations general assembly