Kin of Davis’s victims missing, Pakistani court toldMarch 22nd, 2011 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 22 (IANS) A petition has been filed before a court in Pakistan that the families of the two men shot dead by CIA security contractor Raymond Davis have gone missing.
The petition filed by Malik Munsif Awan, an advocate for the families before the Lahore High Court, said the families of Faheem and Faizan were missing since March 15, the Geo News TV channel reported.
Davis, 36, shot dead the two men on a motorcycle in Lahore Jan 27 in what he described as an attempted armed robbery. He claimed he acted in self-defence.
A court acquitted him after he reportedly paid “blood money” in terms of Islamic compensation law to the kin of the dead.
Awan said in the petition that somebody had kidnapped the families and was keeping them under illegal detention.
Citing media reports, he said that the families had Rs.200 million of “blood money” with them and their lives were in danger.
The advocate accused the provincial and the federal governments of not taking responsibility for the incident, and made the federal interior minister, Punjab home secretary and Punjab inspector general of police respondents in his petition.
Awan requested the court to summon the respondents and issue directions for presenting the families before the court.
Justice Chaudhry Iftikhar Hussain later issued an order, asking the chief police officer of Lahore to appear before it.
- Lahore police chief ignorant about whereabouts of heirs of Davis shootout victims - Mar 22, 2011
- Lahore HC gives both Pak, Punjab govts 10 days to recover heirs of Davis' victims - Apr 01, 2011
- Pak Home Ministry given a week's time to reply in Davis shootout victims' heirs case - Apr 12, 2011
- Lahore HC seeks explanation on 'disappearance' of heirs of Davis shootout victims - Mar 21, 2011
- Brother of Raymond Davis' victim denies striking 'blood money' deal under pressure - Apr 02, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Wife of Pak man shot by American diplomat in Lahore commits suicide - Feb 07, 2011
- Davis's release challenged in Pakistan court - Mar 17, 2011
- Two US law experts meet Davis, discuss legal issues in double murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- ISI-CIA deal clinched Davis release, US denies paying blood money (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Pakistanis protest against Davis' release (Second Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Davis release: LHC seeks explanation on Sanaullah's statement on missing families - Mar 28, 2011
- 'Kin want blood for blood, not payoff over double murder-accused Raymond Davis' - Feb 21, 2011
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: armed robbery, blood money, chaudhry, chief police, compensation law, court justice, faheem, faizan, federal governments, geo news, home secretary, hussain, illegal detention, interior minister, lahore high court, munsif, news tv, raymond davis, security contractor, self defence