Khar speaks to Hague on NATO strikeDecember 3rd, 2011 - 12:54 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 2 (IANS) Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar Friday apprised British Foreign Secretary William Hague about the NATO air strikes that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.
Khar received a phone call from Hague in which she informed the British foreign secretary about Pakistan’s decision not to participate in the Bonn conference on Afghanistan, the Online news agency reported.
Hague said Britain understood Pakistan’s position in the matter, the report said.
Earlier, the Pakistan Senate passed a unanimous resolution which said that in case of foreign aggression, the nation would stand united for the country’s defence.
The resolution was tabled by Leader of Opposition in the Senate Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri, the Dawn News reported.
Khar told the Senate that in the wake of the NATO attack, it had become difficult to remain on the same page with the US.
She said the decision to boycott the Bonn conference was “well thought out” and there was no possibility of reviewing it.
- Pakistan senate calls for unity against foreign aggression - Dec 02, 2011
- Pakistani officials refuse to visit NATO in Brussels - Dec 01, 2011
- Pakistan's boycott won't affect cooperation: Karzai - Dec 06, 2011
- No compromise on Pakistan's sovereignty: Khar - Dec 04, 2011
- Japan invites Pakistan for conference on Afghanistan - Jan 17, 2012
- Afghan policy under review: Pakistan - Dec 13, 2011
- Enough is enough, says Pakistan on spilling citizens' blood - Nov 30, 2011
- Pakistan, US to hold talks on new terms of engagement - Apr 17, 2012
- No threat of military coup: Gilani - Dec 02, 2011
- Pakistani foreign minister leaves for Britain - Feb 20, 2012
- British envoy meets Pakistani foreign minister - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistan views Khar-Clinton meet as 'positive, constructive' - Feb 24, 2012
- Pakistan disputes Clinton on Al Qaeda chief - May 07, 2012
- Pakistani parliament to debate on foreign policy review - Dec 21, 2011
- NATO attack leaves many, many unanswered questions: Khar - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, aggression, bonn conference, dawn news, foreign minister, hina rabbani khar, leader of opposition, nato, nato air strikes, nato attack, nato strike, news agency, pakistan, pakistani soldiers, phone call, rabbani, secretary william, senate, unanimous resolution, william hague