Kayani, Qureshi to attend upcoming US-Pak strategic dialogueOctober 8th, 2010 - 12:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 8 (ANI): The next round of the US-Pakistan strategic dialogue will be held in Washington later this month, and Islamabad will send a high-level delegation, including Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi as well as Army Chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, for the talks.
Diplomatic sources disclosed that the Pakistani delegation would arrive in Washington on October 20, and the talks would be held at the US State Department on October 21 and 22, the Dawn reported.
“General Kayani will certainly be there, Mr Qureshi, the foreign minister, will be there,” confirmed Geoff Morrell, a spokesman for the Pentagon.
He also described the dialogue between the two countries as “the best testament” to the strength of the US-Pak relationship.
“So the relationship continues despite these setbacks. And there are going to be setbacks occasionally,” said Morrell, referring to Pakistan’s decision to close the Torkham supply route for NATO forces in Afghanistan in retaliation against cross-border air-strikes by ISAF helicopters, one of which allegedly killed three Pakistani soldiers. (ANI)
- US may offer fresh military equipment to Pak to ease 'testy ties' - Oct 20, 2010
- Obama to visit Pakistan only in 2011 - Oct 21, 2010
- US, Pak military officials met secretly in Oman to resolve diplomatic crisis - Feb 25, 2011
- US-Pak 'preparatory' talks in Washington to pave way for strategic dialogue - Mar 26, 2011
- Pakistan, ISAF discuss border coordination - May 13, 2012
- N-deal, India talks on Pakistan wish list, US non-committal - Mar 24, 2010
- US, Pakistan start strategic talks - Oct 21, 2010
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- US to Pakistan: Stop anti-India terror groups; Kashmir bilateral issue (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- CIA director calls ISI chief in backdrop of tie-threatening Davis issue standoff - Feb 26, 2011
- Kayani takes centrestage at US-Pakistan strategic dialogue - Mar 23, 2010
- U.S Security Advisor General Jones visits Pakistan and talks with President Zardari - May 19, 2010
- US, Pakistan set to hold first strategic dialogue - Mar 18, 2010
- Clinton in Pakistan, meets Zardari (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- US 'won't compromise' on Pak's democracy: Obama - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: air strikes, army chief, chief general, dawn, dialogue, diplomatic sources, foreign minister, helicopters, isaf, level delegation, morrell, nato forces in afghanistan, pakistani soldiers, pentagon, qureshi, retaliation, setbacks, spokesman, testament, us state department