Kasuri’s ‘Kashmir issue near resolution claim’ nothing but ‘delusion’: ObserversMay 11th, 2010 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 11 (ANI): Rubbishing former foreign minister Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri’s claims that the Kashmir issue was about to be resolved during former President General Pervez Musharraf’s, participants of a seminar titled “The Near Agreement. What it was” have described such assertions a mere ‘delusion’.
Speaking during the seminar, Nazir Ahmed Shaal, Executive Director Kashmir Centre London, said there were no evidence which suggested that the Kashmir issue was about to be resolved during the Musharraf era.
While stressing that the right to self-determination of the people of Kashmir was “non-negotiable”, Shaal said people who are revolting against India’s control over the region must be brought to the dialogue table if the two countries are serious about resolving the long pending issue.
Kashmir Centre Brussels Executive Director Majeed Tramboo also rejected Kasuri’s claims, saying none of the prominent Kashmiri leaders were taken on board for any such deliberations.
“Not a single prominent Kashmiri leader was taken on board. India and Pakistan primarily reduced it to a bilateral territorial dispute in the process,” The Daily Times quoted Tramboo, as saying.
“We challenge Kasuri to identify a single person from either part of Kashmir who was part of the discussions,” he added.
Reiterating the Pakistani leadership’s long-standing view, Tramboo said that the Kashmir issue must be addressed keeping in mind the United Nations’ (UN) resolutions.
“No solution to the issue will be acceptable other than the implementation of the United Nations (UN) resolutions or the right to self-determination,” he said. (ANI)
- Kasuri says judicial crisis in Pak blocked resolution of Kashmir issue - Apr 23, 2010
- Pak back to singing K-issue settlement through UN resolution tune - May 04, 2010
- India, Pakistan were 'near Kashmir dispute resolution' during Musharraf regime: Kasuri - Jan 21, 2011
- Pakistan seeks UN intervention to resolve Kashmir issue - Sep 29, 2010
- India rebuffs Pakistan's "unwarranted" attempt to raise Kashmir at UN - Oct 11, 2011
- Pak back to singing its 'jaded' UNSC tune on Kashmir - Aug 14, 2009
- Pak determined to highlight Kashmiris right to self-determination: Qureshi - Sep 17, 2010
- Pak to continue moral, diplomatic support to Kashmiris - Oct 10, 2010
- Pakistan registers concern on Fai arrest with US embassy - Jul 22, 2011
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- India warns Pak against interfering in Kashmir - Sep 17, 2010
- Govt. should reframe its Kashmir strategy: PoK PM - Mar 07, 2010
- Pakistan wants dialogue with India to resolve Kashmir: Qureshi - May 04, 2010
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Nawaz says it's right time to resolve Kashmir issue, urges other nations to chip in - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: assertions, brussels, deliberations, delusion, executive director, foreign minister, former president, general pervez musharraf, india and pakistan, kashmir, kashmir issue, kashmiri leaders, kasuri, mehmood, observers, pervez musharraf, president general pervez musharraf, self determination, territorial dispute, un resolutions