Kasab’s mother to meet him in India: Mukherjee (Lead)April 15th, 2009 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Jangipur (West Bengal), April 14 (IANS) Arrested Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab’s mother will visit India to meet her son who is now on trial for his role in the Mumbai terror attack last year, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said here Tuesday.
Disclosing this to reporters, Mukherjee said Pakistan should not delay in punishing those who masterminded the Nov 26 terrorist attack in Mumbai from its soil.
The comments came a day after Pakistan asked for more specific information from India to facilitate its probe into the attack.
“I have discussed the matter with our foreign secretary. We have received the papers from Pakistan,” Mukherjee said.
He said India was now looking into the papers and will pass on more information to the neighbouring nation if it found necessary.
He, however, said Islamabad should not delay the issue on one or another pretext.
“The matter should not be delayed by raking up issues or seeking clarifications. We are ready to provide them whatever information they ask for, if we have it,” the minister said.
“It’s a fact that many people were killed in the Mumbai attacks. One terrorist has been arrested. He has made some confessions. His mother will be arriving in India to meet him,” he said.
“If somebody wants to evade and avoid these realities, what can be done?” he asked.
Kasab’s trial is set to start in Mumbai Wednesday.
- Kasab's trial to begin today, mother to visit him - Apr 15, 2009
- Kasab's mother coming to India to meet him: Mukherjee - Apr 15, 2009
- Kasab's mother coming to Mumabi, India asks Pakistan to act (Roundup) - Apr 15, 2009
- 'Pakistan seriously investigating Mumbai attacks' - Apr 16, 2009
- Manmohan says no to talks, puts Pakistan to sincerity test - Apr 15, 2009
- India can share more information with Pak: Pranab Mukherjee - Apr 14, 2009
- Pak court 'refuses to declare Kasab proclaimed offender' in Mumbai terror attacks - Feb 25, 2011
- Kasab claims trial court's death penalty verdict flawed (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Trial court's death penalty verdict flawed: Kasab - Feb 14, 2012
- 26/11 Indian mastermind held, Mumbai police seek custody (Roundup) (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pakistani court adjourns hearing of Mumbai terror-attack case - Feb 26, 2011
- I was denied legal help, Kasab tells apex court (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- India allows Pakistani team access to 26/11 witnesses - Mar 01, 2011
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Apex court issues notice to 26/11 attack acquitted - Sep 02, 2011
Tags: ajmal, april 14, clarifications, confessions, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, India, kasab, pakistan, pranab mukherjee, pretext, realities, soil, terror attack, terrorist attack, west bengal