Karzai advisor’s family members killedAugust 21st, 2012 - 6:05 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, Aug 21 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A roadside bomb blast in Afghanistan’s Paktia province Monday killed three members of the family of an advisor to Afghan President Hamid Karzai, media reported.
“Brother of Amanullah Khan Zadran, his uncle and his nephew were killed in the blast,” said provincial governor’s spokesperson Rohullah Samoon.
Zadran, however, was not injured in the blast which struck his vehicle convoy near the village of Miland early Monday, reported Khaama Press online newspaper.
It was the second attempt on Zadran’s life this year. Afghan security forces had prevented the previous bomb attack on him.
- Taliban kill 35 road workers: Afghan official - May 19, 2011
- Afghan attacks show NATO's failure: Karzai - Apr 16, 2012
- Karzai tells NATO to stop bombing homes in Afghanistan - May 31, 2011
- No pact with US until night raids end: Karzai - Feb 20, 2012
- Extradite people involved in Rabbani's killing : Afghanistan to Pakistan - Oct 03, 2011
- Karzai opens Facebook, Twitter accounts - Nov 25, 2011
- NATO forces kill Afghan president's cousin by mistake - Mar 10, 2011
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Afghan education minister survives assassination bid - Jul 15, 2012
- 19 injured in Afghan mosque blast - Aug 03, 2012
- Rabbani's murder planned in Pakistan: Afghan security agency - Oct 01, 2011
- Five Killed, many injured in Syria blast - Sep 04, 2012
- Afghan president to hold talks with Taliban - Jan 30, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills 5 family members in southern Afghanistan - Sep 22, 2012
- Cameron warns Taliban against destabilising Afghanistan - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, amanullah khan, bomb attack, bomb blast, brother, early monday, family members, hamid karzai, kabul, members of the family, nephew, paktia province, provincial governor, ria novosti, roadside bomb, security forces, spokesperson, vehicle convoy