Karunanidhi condemns Sri Lankan ministerJune 20th, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 20 (IANS) DMK president M. Karunanidhi Wednesday condemned the reported threat by a Sri Lankan minister to massacre Tamils if they continued to support the Tamil National Alliance (TNA).
Karunanidhi asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take up the remarks attributed to Sri Lankan Power and Energy Minister Champika Ranawaka with Colombo.
In a letter to Singh, Karunanidhi said: “Tamils all over the world are very much perturbed over the reprehensible remarks of the minister.
“I request you to kindly use your good offices to take up this matter with the Sri Lankan government with an advice to adopt restraint.”
Ranawaka reportedly said June 8 that Tamils who support the TNA, which backed the Tamil Tigers until the rebels were crushed in 2009, would face another massacre.
- Karunanidhi berates Krishna over Sri Lanka - Mar 22, 2012
- Withdraw army from Sri Lanka's northeast, says TULF (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Will get Sri Lankan Tamils their rights: Jayalalithaa - Aug 11, 2011
- No deal with Pakistan on n-plant: Sri Lanka - Jul 28, 2012
- Prevent attacks on Tamils, Karunanidhi tells PM - Mar 22, 2012
- India to send back Sri Lanka Air Force personnel - Jul 06, 2012
- AIADMK, DMK want Sri Lankan airmen to go (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sri Lanka concerned over Indian n-plants - Apr 08, 2012
- Uproar in parliament over Sri Lanka's 'war crimes' (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Ahead of elections, pro-LTTE journal attacks Karunanidhi - Apr 11, 2011
- Swiss to grill Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka - Jul 27, 2012
- Withdraw army from Sri Lanka's northeast, says TULF - Jun 17, 2011
- Sri Lanka war crimes: AIADMK dissatisfied with PM's response - Mar 14, 2012
- Sri Lankan Tamils want self-determination: Diaspora group - Jan 16, 2012
- Karunanidhi takes on Delhi over Sri Lanka - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: chennai, colombo, dmk, energy minister, m karunanidhi, manmohan, manmohan singh, national alliance, power and energy, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rebels, sri lankan government, sri lankan minister, tamil tigers, tna