Karachi blast kills one, injures 20 (Lead)July 11th, 2012 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 11 (IANS) A roadside bomb ripped through a bus carrying government employees in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi Wednesday, killing one person and injuring 20 others.
The blast took place at 5.00 p.m. on Moach Goth road, Xinhua quoted the local Urdu channel Dunya TV as saying.
The vehicle belonged to the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission of Pakistan and was carrying 30 of its employees. The injured were shifted to hospitals.
About 15 kg of explosives were used, authorities said. The area was cordoned off.
Lashkar-e-Balochistan, a banned outfit, has been blamed for the attack.
- 20 killed in Pakistan blast - Jun 28, 2012
- 21 killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Five killed as blast hits van in Pakistan - Mar 13, 2012
- Four Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan gun attack (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- 15 killed in suicide blasts targeting Shiites in Lahore, Karachi (Third Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Three killed, 40 injured in two attacks on Pakistan Navy buses in Karachi - Apr 26, 2011
- Seven killed, 80 injured in Pakistan road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Four killed in Pakistan bomb blast (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Pakistan Navy bus bombing leaves three dead, 20 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- 25 killed in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- 10 die in Pakistan blasts (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills three Pakistani Rangers - Dec 10, 2011
- Five killed, 34 injured in Peshawar blast - Sep 20, 2011