Kamra airbase attackers were Pakistanis: MalikAugust 19th, 2012 - 12:45 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 19 (IANS) Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said the plan to destabilise the country will be foiled, as he revealed that the nine attackers of Kamra airbase have been identified as Pakistani nationals, Geo News reported.
Talking to reporters here Saturday evening, Malik said nine attackers of Kamra airbase have been identified. “All of them are Pakistanis and authorities have complete details about their activities and links.”
He added that the Pakistan Air Force, Punjab Police and Federal Investigating Agency (FIA) are investigating the terrorist attack.
“Our enemies prepared a plan to destabilise Pakistan but it would be foiled through coordinated efforts of agencies concerned and support of people,” Malik said.
“A conspiracy was hatched against the solidarity of Pakistan, its people and armed forces. I had already informed the nation about blueprint of plan and people saw this unfolding during last few days.”
“Terrorist attack at Kamra airbase killing passengers at Babusar Top Pass and bomb blast in Karachi were part of conspiracy to demoralise people of Pakistan and destabilise the country,” he added.
Nine militants were killed last Thursday in Pakistan’s Punjab province after they attacked Kamra airbase. Banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) later claimed responsibility for it.
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Four Kamra airbase attackers identified: Malik - Aug 18, 2012
- PPP probe report confirms Musharraf, Elahi not involved in Benazir's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Pak Taliban, other militant outfits behind MQM leader's killing: Malik - Aug 04, 2010
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistanis knows how to defend their country: Ashraf - Aug 22, 2012
- 23 terrorists enter Islamabad, Lahore to attack police, buildings: Intelligence report - Oct 24, 2010
- Pak Taliban planning countrywide attacks on mosques, shrines on Eid-ul-Azha - Nov 09, 2010
- Eight die in terror attack on Pakistani airbase (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Madrassas in Pak Punjab becoming breeding grounds for terror, admits Malik - May 31, 2010
- 10 TTP, Haqqani network linked terrorists arrested in Pak Punjab - Aug 12, 2010
- Pak Taliban planning to use poisonous gases in fresh terror attacks - Oct 16, 2010
- Pak leaders blame 'foreign hands', RAW for Lahore attack - Mar 09, 2010
- Woman facilitated Karachi navy base attack, say police - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Major crackdowns in Karachi, Lahore prevented mass genocide in Pak' - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: attackers, blueprint, bomb blast, fia, geo news, interior minister, investigating agency, islamabad, last thursday, militants, pakistan air force, pakistani nationals, pakistanis, punjab police, punjab province, rehman malik, saturday evening, solidarity, terrorist attack, ttp