Jinnah’s vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ KhanDecember 26th, 2010 - 2:19 pm ICT by ANI
Rawalpindi, Dec 26 (ANI): The motivation behind making Pakistan a nuclear power after continuous hard work of seven years was the vision of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, according to disgraced nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan.
“Keeping in view the example of the Father of the Nation, we were able to make Pakistan a nuclear power in just seven years,” The News quoted Khan, as saying.
Khan, known as the architect of Pakistan’s nuclear programme, made these comments while addressing a ceremony held to mark Jinnah’s 134th birthday.
He said that Jinnah was not only the liberator of the nation, but he also laid down the foundation of an independent and sovereign state through his wisdom and untiring efforts.Terming Quaid-i-Azam a true sympathiser and well-wisher of the Muslims, Khan said Allah Almighty had selected him for the creation of Pakistan.
“The nation got inspiration from its founder, Quaid-e-Azam, which gave it courage to stand on its own feet as well as to compete with its foes. The entire country is not only proud that Allah gave us a leader like Quaid-e-Azam, but also pays rich homage to the prudence, creativity, sacrifices and patriotism of Muhammad Ali Jinnah,” he said. (ANI)
- Pakistan observes 63rd death anniversary of Mohammad Ali Jinnah - Sep 12, 2011
- Pakistan can be developed by defeating extremism, says Musharraf - Dec 26, 2010
- Jihad against India only solution to Kashmir issue: Nazria Pakistan Trust - Mar 23, 2011
- Zardari omits critical US drone attack issue from presidential address - Mar 23, 2011
- Pakistan's future lies in democracy: Gilani - Aug 14, 2011
- Zardari's dual office case verdict will have far-reaching effects: LHC - Nov 25, 2010
- Pak must be made 'Islamic welfare democratic State' as envisaged by Jinnah: Nizami - Feb 11, 2011
- Plea to make Urdu Pakistan's official language dismissed - Oct 13, 2010
- Pakistan observes Jinnah's birth anniversary Saturday - Dec 25, 2010
- Jinnah's 62nd death anniversary observed in Pakistan - Sep 11, 2010
- Nawaz Sharif flayed for India-friendly speech - Aug 15, 2011
- Pak Govt to protect minorities at all costs: Zardari - Jan 21, 2011
- Akram backs PCB's decision to retain Afridi as Pak ODI skipper - Jan 15, 2011
- Sindh Assembly wants Pak Govt to recommend Bhatti's name for Nobel Prize - Mar 15, 2011
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,