Jim Carreys Horton Hears a Who! tops weekend box officeMarch 17th, 2008 - 4:44 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 17 (ANI): Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who! the animated movie featuring the voices of Jim Carrey, Steve Carell and Carol Burnett garnered the best opening weekend this year with 45.1 million dollars, according to estimates compiled Sunday by Exhibitor Relations.
Following Horton was 10,000 B.C., which fell to second place with 16.4 million dollars, reports E! Online.
At number three was Never Back Down, which bagged 8.6 million dollars and at number four was College Road Trip, which raked in 7.9 million dollars.
Rounding off the top five was Vantage Point, which earned 5.4 million dollars.
The top-grossing weekend films:
1. Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who!, 45.1 million dollars
2. 10,000 B.C., 16.4 million dollars
3. Never Back Down, 8.6 million dollars
4. College Road Trip, 7.9 million dollars
5. Vantage Point, 5.4 million dollars
6. The Bank Job, 4.9 million dollars
7. Doomsday, 4.7 million dollars
8. Semi-Pro, 3 million dollars
9. The Other Boleyn Girl, 2.9 million dollars
10. The Spiderwick Chronicles, 2.4 million dollars
Tags: 1 million dollars, 6 million, bank job, carol burnett, doomsday, dr seuss, estimates, exhibitor relations, films, girl 2, jim carrey, road trip, spiderwick, steve carell, vantage point, voices, weekend box office