Its wait and watch for PML-Q over joining hands with PPPJanuary 28th, 2009 - 3:27 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.28 (ANI): The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) has decided to play the waiting game on joining hands with the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) in the National Assembly, till the brickbating between the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) concludes, The Daily Times reports.
PML-Qs Punjab President Pervaiz Elahi, in a meeting with the party leaders, said that possibilities of siding with the PPP are open but the final decision on the issue will be taken later.
The party has decided to maintain its separate identity, while keeping all possibilities with the PPP open, Elahi told reporters after the meeting.
According to sources privy to PML-Q, the party has refrained from disclosing its stance to gain maximum political mileage.
The federal government had offered the chairpersonship of four National Assembly (NA) standing committees to the PML-Q besides the portfolios of senior minister at the Centre and in Punjab, the source added.
However, senior political leaders in Pakistan have suggested that if the PML-Q decides to join hands with the PPP, then it would have to face the public wrath as its political manifestos have largely revolved around an anti-PPP stance. (ANI)
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Nawaz, Shahbaz Sharif defaulters in nine Pakistani banks - May 17, 2010
- Musharraf has 'lost his senses' after losing dictatorship: Raja Riaz - Oct 10, 2010
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- 'Bankrupt' Pak Punjab Govt. has no money to pay salaries to employees: PML-Q - Jun 04, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: elahi, final decision, islamabad, jan 28, joining hands, mileage, national assembly, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pakistan peoples party, party leaders, pml n, political leaders, political manifestos, political mileage, senior minister, siding, standing committees, waiting game, wrath