Israel’s remarks about Pak being a threat to it “unwarranted”: FOApril 24th, 2009 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr.24 (ANI): Reacting strongly to Israel’s remark that Pakistan is one of three countries threatening its existence , the Pakistan Foreign Office has said that the “unwarranted” statements by Tel Aviv were aimed at maligning Islamabad’s image internationally and would never succeed.
“We have taken a strong exception to the remarks which are unwarranted. Any efforts to malign or isolate Pakistan will not succeed, Pakistan is moderate and progressive nation,” The Nation quoted Foreign Office spokesperson Abdul Basit, as saying.
Addressing a regular press briefing, Basit said that Pakistan has full support of the international community, and it would certainly thwart all the challenges it is facing currently.
“The world has full faith in the abilities and strength of Pakistan to sail through the difficult time,” Basit added.
Earlier, Israel’s Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman had said that Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq were the three countries from which Israel faced an immediate threat.
“Pakistan is nuclear and unstable and Afghanistan is faced with a potential Taliban takeover, and the combination forms a contiguous area of radicalism ruled in the spirit of Osama bin Laden,” Lieberman had said. (ANI)
- Pakistan biggest threat to Israel: Israeli FM - Apr 23, 2009
- World approaching 'military option' on Iran: Israel - Nov 05, 2011
- Six killed in Bulgaria bus blast - Jul 19, 2012
- Krishna leaves for Israel, Palestine Sunday - Jan 06, 2012
- Krishna to boost ties with Middle East, Israel - Jan 07, 2012
- Iran behind attack on Israeli missions: Netanyahu (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Israeli heading home after five months in Libyan jail - Aug 09, 2010
- Russia calls for ending Gaza blockade - Jun 21, 2010
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Israel deports activists detained from aid flotilla - Jun 01, 2010
- Israel criticises Palestinian president's UN speech - Sep 24, 2011
- Israeli diplomats flee Cairo after attack on embassy - Sep 10, 2011
- Palestine applies for UN membership - Sep 24, 2011
- Israeli foreign minister warns Syrian regime - Feb 05, 2010
- 'Israel will not apologize to Turkey' - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: afghanistan, avigdor lieberman, basit, challenges, contiguous area, existence, faith, foreign minister, foreign office, iraq, israel, osama bin laden, pakistan, progressive nation, radicalism, spirit, spokesperson, takeover, taliban, tel aviv