ISI, North Korea plotting to kill me: MamataMay 23rd, 2012 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, May 23 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee says that Marxists and Maoists are plotting to kill her in league with the Pakistani intelligence, North Korea, Venezuela and Hungary.
Banerjee made the sensational charge in an interview to the Washington Post. The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) rubbished the allegation.
Banerjee told the Post how her “Marxist political opponents were plotting with Maoist rebels to discredit and kill her”.
They were in league with the Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) agency of Pakistan and that this alleged plot was financed by North Korea, Venezuela and Hungary.
“They have given me the death sentence,” she said.
Regarding American investment in West Bengal, she said: “We cannot offer what other states can offer, because of our situation - but we can extend our cooperation from the heart.
“We can touch your heart, but maybe not financially.”
The chief minister reiterated her opposition to multinational supermarkets. “I am ready to die, but I cannot cheat the people,” she added.
In New Delhi, CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury expressed disgust that a chief minister and a former cabinet minister had made the accusation against countries with which India has diplomatic relations.
“There can be nothing more ridiculous,” he said.
- CPI-M protests Mamata's assassination plot charge - May 24, 2012
- Mamata U-turn: Blames CPI-M for Gyaneshwari train tragedy - Feb 19, 2012
- CPI-M plotting to poison drinking water: Mamata - Dec 22, 2011
- Mamata does volte-face on train accident, blames Maoists - Nov 16, 2011
- Mamata loses cool, walks out of TV programme - May 19, 2012
- Let Congress decide on alliance: Mamata - Nov 19, 2011
- Trinamool shielding scamsters: BJP - Nov 30, 2011
- Bengal minister lampoons Mamata's 'secret formula' - Apr 06, 2011
- CPI-M trying to create rift between Congress, Trinamool: Mamata - Jun 30, 2012
- Mamata hints at unleashing joint forces against Maoists - Nov 04, 2011
- Stop slander or face 'stern decision': Mamata to CPI-M (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- CPI-M killing people in name of Maoists: Mamata - Oct 23, 2010
- Kishenji eliminated in Didi's regime - an irony? (West Bengal Newsletter) - Nov 27, 2011
- Violence, killings down in Maoist areas, says Mamata - Jun 29, 2012
- Mamata decries 'growing tendency' to attack her personally - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: accusation, allegation, american investment, cabinet minister, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, death sentence, diplomatic relations, inter service intelligence, mamata banerjee, maoist, maoist rebels, maoists, marxists, north korea, political opponents, washington post, west bengal