ISAF commander meets Pakistan Army chiefJuly 15th, 2011 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 15 (IANS) General David H. Petreaus, commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), has met Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in Rawalpindi.
General Petreaus discussed matters of “professional interest”, reported the Associated Press of Pakistan.
The ISAF is a NATO-led security mission in Afghanistan.
The meeting took place just a day after US Central Command (CENTCOM) Commander Gen. James Mattis met General Kayani.
General Mattis had shared perspectives on the current relationship between the two militaries and to review the way ahead. It was his fifth visit to Pakistan in his 11 months as CENTCOM commander.
- US general meets Pakistani army officials - Jul 14, 2011
- CENTCOM chief discusses US-Pak military cooperation with Wynne - Apr 08, 2011
- Kayani, top US official have short, crisp talk - Apr 26, 2011
- No joint anti-terror operation with US: Pakistan - Aug 18, 2012
- NATO commander meets Pakistan army chief - Sep 10, 2011
- Pakistan, ISAF discuss border coordination - May 13, 2012
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- US generals to hold talks with Kayani - Mar 28, 2012
- Petraeus discusses 'ways to improve regional security' with Kayani - Apr 26, 2011
- ISAF commander to visit Pakistan Thursday - Aug 02, 2012
- US general meets Kayani, discusses Haqqani network - Sep 24, 2011
- ISI chief to visit US - Jul 13, 2011
- Top Pakistan Army officers meet - Aug 11, 2012
- `Pakistan ready to communicate with coalition forces' - Dec 14, 2011
- 'Under fire' Kayani says 'terror sanctuaries' harboured in Afghanistan, not Pakistan - Aug 12, 2010
Tags: army chief, ashfaq, centcom commander, central command, chief general, general mattis, international security assistance, isaf, islamabad, james mattis, kayani, meeting took place, militaries, nato, pakistan army, parvez, perspectives, professional interest, rawalpindi, security mission